Chanel Spring 2015

awickedshape

Wore the D&G Luminous Foundation with Marc Jacobs Intro(vert) eyeliner, Illamasqua Lover powder blush and Chanel Insaisissable (Sissy) RA yesterday :)
30cff23c_2015-01-2206.36.30.jpeg
af7dadc7_2015-01-2206.41.52.jpeg

laurennnxox

Picked up the "sissy" RA after trying it out in store. I was plesantly surprised! I thought it would be too orange for me, but I really like it. I also tried on "la pet" for the 3rd time in store but still couldn't pull the trigger. It's a beautiful color, but something about it on me makes me hesitate. I need to lose ny car keys so I can't keep going back to my counter. Oh! Also, I asked my SA about the pearly whitening collection and showed her a picture and she had no idea about it, unfortunately. :(

Medgal07

Hmm, Tissé Fantaisie and La Petillante just arrived and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The lipstick is a lot more red IRL than all the swatches I saw. It's not a bad shade, but it's not as unique as I thought it would be.

But well, one can never have enough reds and it is a very fresh, spring red, so that's ok.

The quad, however, is disappointing IMO. Handswatches show really pretty, pigmented colors, but they don't translate to the lids that well. The colors are very sheer, except the dark brown. The latter has a beautiful rosegold shimmer, but I don't see much of it once it's applied on the lid. I've tried numerous brushes as well as the small applicators that came with the quad, but no success at all.

I'm not sure, did I expect too much, now that I'm used to TF quads? But I think the other new Chanel quads are a lot better. I have Rivoli, Venitien and Gabrielle. They're all less sheer and the colors look the same on the lid as on the hand. Fantaisie seems a bit like a fallback to the bad old days of "rest-of-the-world" quads. Although the shadows are not as powdery and dry as the old ones.
Wow. What a let down FF! I purchased Tissé Fantaisie too but I've not yet worn it. I will for sure next week (doing a purple e/s challenge this week)because like
you, I've been enamored with the other new Chanel quads times 7, I purchased both quads in this collection with the same enthusiasm & expectations.

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Hey everyone!
I bought Etourdie yesterday and have worn it today, it's really a lovely for my complexion and I always like the feeling RCS give my lips. Although I'm on a low-buy, I'm still craving Badine and Tisse Paris (at least concerning the latter, there's no need to hurry). So I will wait until February to wait for my new beauty budget and see what's still available. I've decided to skip the blush 'cause I already got Innocence and two Mac blushes that almost look the same. But I swiped my finger over the tester and it's soooo soft! The pattern is surely cute as well. I was the first person to touch the pristine tester and the embossing gets ruined easily because the consistency is super soft.

@Filmfreak : oh my, that's a pity. Are you gonna keep the quad? I found the color of la Petillante really nice, although it might not suit me as perfectly as Eturdie.
By the way, you might still know me from the Beautyjunkies forum (my screen name's Miss Austen there), well there's nothing really happening over there at the moment.
Great haul Buffy!!! ENJOY!!!!

Medgal07

I have Taupe Grisé and Gri Gri as well, and the new quads definitely have the same good quality as the monos. I think if you like neutrals, you'd love Rivoli and Gabrielle.
iagree.gif
I wore Tissé Rivoli three times last week---that's unheard of for me.

Medgal07

I hope you' enjoy your Dior, they do great products. But after many years, I'm sure that it is Chanel that does GREENS like no one else!
I certainly hope Chanel does better than they did with the Les 4 Ombres Quadra Mystère (43). Two of the shades were so close that it's difficult to achieve any
appearance of depth. Nevertheless, I love the quad but Chanel could have done better.

Medgal07

Oh! Also, I asked my SA about the pearly whitening collection and showed her a picture and she had no idea about it, unfortunately.
ssad.gif
I'm glad you like "sissy" Lauren!!! Maybe "la pet" is too familiar in terms of what you already have.
Unlike me-----say the colors red or orange and I'm all over it---few questions asked.
girlhaha.gif

We see this repeatedly---the SAs seem to be the last to know!
th_dunno.gif

NaomiH

so, saw some pics on Instagram and http://www.fashionisers.com/perfumes-makeup/chanel-pearl-whitening-spring-2015-makeup-collection/ Saying there is another spring collection… who knows the scoop??
59f6f51c_image.jpeg
a1ef65cd_image.jpeg
You know, I noticed quite a bit of Guerlain's whitening line on US sites recently too.

NaomiH

[COLOR=0000FF] Really???[/COLOR]:shock:
Yeah. Not the balls, but some of those Blanc whitening serums and stuff. Unless they've been there and I haven't noticed before,but with how much I love ogling the Guerlain stuff on site they kinda stuck out to me the other day.