Chanel Summer 2013

Almus

Can someone swatch the polishes pretty please?!? I can't find swatches anywhere online. TIA!
A lady in Purseforum posted manis with all of them. Scroll down in this link: http://forum.purseblog.com/nail-care/chanel-on-your-nails-3-a-761622-429.html

;)

I am more excited about the fall collection than this one. It usually happens to me that I am not drawn by summer collections, maybe because it is almost impossible to wear any makeup here on summer (too **** hot and humid).

elegant-one

Can someone swatch the polishes pretty please?!? I can't find swatches anywhere online. TIA!
icon_eek.gif
I was JUST going to post yesterday how I missed seeing you here!!! Hope you're doing well
friends.gif

Winthrop44

I ordered Moon River (it's backordered but will let you order and if I'm remembering correctly you can cancel those if you find it elsewhere first) and Azure.

Haven

I am waiting to hear more info on the quad before I order anything. Right now I want the blue-green polish, one of the new eyeshadow sticks (love all of the colors, but I need to try the formula first), pygmalian, and maybe the quad. And I said that I would be passing on this collection...
whistle.gif

coachkitten

:shock: I was JUST going to post yesterday how I missed seeing you here!!! Hope you're doing well :frenz:
Awww! Thanks! I have missed Specktra a lot. Too much going on in my life but thankfully things are starting to quiet down. I hope you are well! :) Those polishes are pretty but I don't think unique enough to spend $27 on a bottle. I will use the money towards the quad. I'll get lots more use out of it.

This collection arrived at Sak’s in San Antonio yesterday. I bought four of the eye stylos (pink, blue, green, gold), the eyeliner, two mascaras (bright blue and light blue), and two nail lacuers (Azur and Bel Argus).

The eye stylos feel wet and cool on application — almost like an eye mask, which is a lovely feeling for Summer. They blend beautifully! I tried several brushes, but they seem to blend best with fingers — not a precision product, but great for a quick look, which is what I love for Summer and for vacation. Once blended, they are waterproof!

The mascaras are waterproof (easily removed with Chanel’s DÉMAQUILLANT YEUX INTENSE). I don’t think they are good for adding length and volume, though, so I used LE VOLUME first, and then added the coloured mascaras once set. The bright blue and light blue are absolutely noticeable, unlike other “coloured” mascaras, which seem to reveal colour only in direct, bright light.

The nail lacquers are superbly awesome!

Chanel is =finally= coming up with unique, eye-catching products and colours. When I wear make-up, I want to be noticed. This collection is a good start.

I just ordered the Metamorphose quad online. ~~~ Happy Dance ~~~

Monsy

I am so disappointed that there are no special face products like last couple of summers. Well my wallet is happy for sure.

Teger

I am so disappointed that there are no special face products like last couple of summers. Well my wallet is happy for sure. 
That's what I missed as well! No special bronzers??? It's kind of disappointing.

Haven

I stopped by my local Macy's today. Saw most of this collection. I ended up buying the jade shadow stick, Pygmalion, and azure. I also was interested in the taupe shadow stick, but they didn't have it for some reason. I swatched the glosses. They really are not very pigmented and all look pretty much the same when applied. I passed on the mascaras . I know that I can get the same thing from the drug store for a lot less. Finally I killed my lemming for the quad with one of the Dior summer quints which has pretty much the same color scheme. I also bought coral love or is it coral glow bronzer/ blush from Dior. I almost bought both quints, but I had to have some self control.

shontay07108

I think I'm definitely going back for the jade shadow stick. It's been on my mind ever since I swatched it. So weird since I don't usually wear colors like that. The black is amazing, but I don't put black all over my eyes and I have enough black eyeliners. I'm debating the light green mascara b/c of the formula. I said before, it's inferior to Volume de Chanel. Plus, how much am I actually going to use it on my bottom lashes? Someone help. Someone wear the mascara and post a pic!

elegant-one

I think I'm going to get the Jade one. That's why it's swatched so many times on my hand.
lol.gif
I was thinking it over. So there's that and the pink there several times, the black right in the middle close to Moon River. Then the gold shade right next to the black, of course and underneath those is the liner. It reminded me of another Chanel liner, Jade, which I have so I passed. Under that blue liner is the blue shadow stick. Right under that is one of the rouge coco shines. Can't recall the name. That bit of yellow is the yellow Inimitable mascara and the faded green color on my thumb is the light green mascara.
How would you describe Moon River? I silvered taupe?

Thanks so much for your great swatches!

shontay07108

Taupe, for sure. I'm not so sure about silver. It looks kinda golden on my skin. It's an odd mix of gold and silver, I guess. It's not cool like Epatant.

shontay07108

I tried to get a pic of the two, but it didn't come out as well as I had hoped. The difference is more apparent in person. My skin is on the warm side, so maybe on a cool toned person, it would read differently. It just doesn't have as much silver as Epatant. This is the best shot I could get. That's Pink Lagoon at the top, Moon River underneath and Epatant under that

Latest posts