Chanel Summer 2015 Makeup - Collection Méditerranée

charismafulltv

she is full of s....  before you review makeup learn how to use it, what brushes to use, how to apply it...  I remember she trashed one of the chanel quads and I never bought it because of her review. Long long time after I bough it because I fell in love with it when i tried at the counter. It was super pigmented . There was nothing wrong with the quad 
What quad is this?

Psych1

Bloggers/you tubers are really just a fun research tool for me. For the ones who are more "well known," I tend to put more weight on their opinions bc I assume they really know what they're talking about. At least I USED to. But I always try the products I think I'll like to confirm for myself. Temptalia does seem to have a bias against Chanel though. Her reviews are consistently very poor and it seems to me she may not know how to use some of the products very well or she's just not a personal fan and that taints her reviews meant for the general public. I don't know what the issue is, I just know not to place any weight on her opinions and especially NOT her swatches. They are SO OFF and I'm shocked she hasn't taken the constructive criticism and remedied the situation. She has to know her lighting stinks.

RockDiva

Quote: Originally Posted by beautyjunkie12
There are so many things that bloggers said wouldn't work on darker complexions....I defied them all because I did my own research and learned that those products worked for me.

I find it highly problematic when a blogger (such as T) who isn't dark-skinned makes an assumption on how a product would look on deeper skintones, when they have no evidence whatsoever to back that up, as if all deeper skintones look the same/have the same undertones and would respond to a product in some uniform hypothetical way.

I have no use for Temptalia because her photos are very obviously doctored and the colours on me never look true to her swatches anyway.

bunnypoet

I wonder if behind-the-scenes tension with Chanel Beaute clouds her judgment of the company's products. I've detected a bias with her too for a while.

mkoparanova

http://stylescoopblog.com/ The third post is about the collection, I can't post a link to it for some reason. The bronzer is starting to grow on me
ohboy.gif

ashievic

I find it highly problematic when a blogger (such as T) who isn't dark-skinned makes an assumption on how a product would look on deeper skintones, when they have no evidence whatsoever to back that up, as if all deeper skintones look the same/have the same undertones and would respond to a product in some uniform hypothetical way.

I have no use for Temptalia because her photos are very obviously doctored and the colours on me never look true to her swatches anyway.
Have any of you ever noticed the photos posted of color swatches look exactly the same time and time again? I know I suck at photos. To me I did believe, then I realized how off they were. Again, the power of the internet and being an official blogger should be more aware. If anyone in your family works for the government in the high food chain part, know the power of misinformation. As my parent's have drilled into me and my brother, do not post anything that your dead grandparent's would not approve. One person I know posted something awful about a new job she had gotten. Poof, she was fired. Or how someone I knew from 1st grade posted how she been in a conversation with an alleged murderer right after this crime was committed. Yet, she was pissed when the police came knocking on her door to ask about it. Again, this is makeup. It is my hope we all would listen but in the end draw our own conclusions. Since no one is same.

ashievic

http://stylescoopblog.com/ The third post is about the collection, I can't post a link to it for some reason. The bronzer is starting to grow on me
ohboy.gif
It is so pretty to look at. Almost too pretty to use. I have never figured out how to use bronzer on my Casper skin.

mkoparanova

It is so pretty to look at. Almost too pretty to use. I have never figured out how to use bronzer on my Casper skin.
It's very tricky, I have soo many bronzers and I rarely use them, when I'm not tanned. When I do, I make the Guerlain's 3 on my face, then blend it down my neck in the hollows, "contour" my collarbones a bit and even put some on my shoulders, if they are exposed. All of this I do with a light hand and the results are pretty natural. The Chanel bronzer doesn't look too pigmented and dark, so it'll probably work on fair skin.

ashievic

I purchased the highlighter/bronzer with the pretty lace pattern last summer. I truly had no clue what to do with it. I called Chanel in NY and the very knowledgable MA suggested I use it for a contour. It does work, but sadly I have it used too much and the pretty lace now looks almost gone....

bunnypoet

I'm not going to be able to resist that bronzing powder, but I don't know how I'm going to be able to use it and ruin that beautiful flower pattern. And I don't want to buy 2, so..

mkoparanova

I purchased the highlighter/bronzer with the pretty lace pattern last summer. I truly had no clue what to do with it. I called Chanel in NY and the very knowledgable MA suggested I use it for a contour. It does work, but sadly I have it used too much and the pretty lace now looks almost gone....
I have a bronzer with a lace pattern from D&G and it's so pretty! I only use one corner because I don't want to ruin it. I wish they stop with these oversprays, so we can use our products
lol.gif

Sexy Sadie

This isn't the eye look for this particular palette that received the F rating. I ordered this palette and was super disappointed with the results as well. Even my daughter who is a MUA with the best brushes money can buy was turned off by its performance. We tried with various primers and no luck. We sent it packing after two days. Chanel could've done a better job on this one.
I thinks Chanels eye shadow is starting to become crap, just as Diors, I can find just as good products in the drugstore, their foundation is still good, but for how long...