changing mascara's

JLEEMARKOWITZ

hi all!

currently i am using Dior DiorShow Mascara-however i want to try something new,i was thinking Badgal Lash,MAC Fibre Rich, or Shu Uemura Fibre Xtension - please help me decide!! also if anyone could rec. a great lash curler (i was looking at the Shu Uemura one does anyone have this?)that would be fantastic! i am going to sephora and MAC on friday *yay* TIA
lol.gif

fabbyabby

I think I am the only one, but I have the shu curler and it crimps my lashes to no end. I curse every time I pick it up. I've tried different pressures and length of squeezing the thing together. I can't get it to work. The best curler I ever had was a travel one made by Sephora. It was black plastic and U shaped. I cried the day I stepped on it.

Miss_Behave

to be honest: stick with diorshow! I use this for years and every now and then I have the urge to try another one, but I always get back to diorshow, because no other give me that full-fake lash look. I recently tried:
Max Factor Lashlift - really nice for a drugstore brand but didn't wowed me

Lancome l'extreme - tried twice and back to the store it went, NO volume at all, it looked like I had no lashes, horrid!

YSL Faux Cils - I can see this work for other people but not for me, it's just to much work because the mascara is too wet

user3

Fibre Rich is nice but many people don't like it because the fibers tend to flake off. Clear mascara will stop that from happening.

If you have not tried it I suggest YSL Faux Cils (luxurious) mascara. Also a few good d/s ones are Max Factor 2000 calorie and Lash perfection.
I am also a fan of Covergirl's Remarkable mascara.

Of course I rec taking a look at the Tut I did in the tutorial section on making mascara work for you. I am able to get just about any brand to work for me with that technique.

As for the lash curler. IMO I think it's best to find one that fits your eye shape. I use Shiseido because I have almond eyes. The Shu one just doesn't get my full length of lashes in one grasp.
If you can I would try to look at these in person. Even a few d/s lines have very nice curlers.
Everyone has a different eyeshape so it's the most popular may not be the right one. KWIM.

Also the pads make a huge difference. I like full cushion ones. Most of the time you can't really tell until you try it but you can look at and see how high the pad is when it's in the curler. Full ones help prevent pinching.

JLEEMARKOWITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbyabby
I think I am the only one, but I have the shu curler and it crimps my lashes to no end. I curse every time I pick it up. I've tried different pressures and length of squeezing the thing together. I can't get it to work. The best curler I ever had was a travel one made by Sephora. It was black plastic and U shaped. I cried the day I stepped on it.

thank you,you may have just saved me $18.00
smiles.gif

i will try it when i am at sephora..

JLEEMARKOWITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Behave
to be honest: stick with diorshow! I use this for years and every now and then I have the urge to try another one, but I always get back to diorshow, because no other give me that full-fake lash look. I recently tried:
Max Factor Lashlift - really nice for a drugstore brand but didn't wowed me

Lancome l'extreme - tried twice and back to the store it went, NO volume at all, it looked like I had no lashes, horrid!

YSL Faux Cils - I can see this work for other people but not for me, it's just to much work because the mascara is too wet

thank you! i knew someone was going to tell me to stick to diorshow
smiles.gif

it is a great mascara- i agree,maybe i just need a fab eyelash curler!

JLEEMARKOWITZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
Fibre Rich is nice but many people don't like it because the fibers tend to flake off. Clear mascara will stop that from happening.

If you have not tried it I suggest YSL Faux Cils (luxurious) mascara. Also a few good d/s ones are Max Factor 2000 calorie and Lash perfection.
I am also a fan of Covergirl's Remarkable mascara.

Of course I rec taking a look at the Tut I did in the tutorial section on making mascara work for you. I am able to get just about any brand to work for me with that technique.

As for the lash curler. IMO I think it's best to find one that fits your eye shape. I use Shiseido because I have almond eyes. The Shu one just doesn't get my full length of lashes in one grasp.
If you can I would try to look at these in person. Even a few d/s lines have very nice curlers.
Everyone has a different eyeshape so it's the most popular may not be the right one. KWIM.

Also the pads make a huge difference. I like full cushion ones. Most of the time you can't really tell until you try it but you can look at and see how high the pad is when it's in the curler. Full ones help prevent pinching.

thank you so much! i am going to go read your tut. now
smiles.gif

i will be checking out all of these items at in person on friday *yay*

serendipityii

BadGal Lash is amazing... I've never really used mascara often, but I bought this, and I use it almost every day!!