Cheap brushes?

doll.face

Can anyone suggest some places for cheap brushes? By cheap I don't mean $2.00! Just not too expensive. I'd really love to find a great kabuki, I'm allergic to the MAC one. Thanks!

Kiss and Makeup

I really like Coastal Scents brushes as alternatives to MAC. I haven't tried their kabuki, but it's got great reviews on their website.

I primarily use Sephora brushes. They're my fav
smiles.gif

TamiChoi

POSH is good! Very soft!
So is Coastal Scents, cheap and some are dupes of MAC brushes.
There are some brushes from Michael's Arts & Crafts that are dupes of MAC brushes.
There should be a video on that if you type in Enkore on youtube.

Heiaken

For cheaper than MAC brushes I like The Body Shop make up brushes (love, the blush brush) and Gosh brushes.

banjobama

For a kabuki brush I use Posh, I found it at Fred Meyer about a year and a half ago and it's been great. Also Everyday Minerals has a few different 'bukis, they have good reviews on MUA. I have a few Coastal Scents eyeshadow brushes that I like but I've never tried their kabukis.

Nicala

Coastal scents eye brushes - Face brushes fell apart on me unfortunately.
Loew Cornell maxine mop brush - MAC 239 dupe.
Sonia Kashuk brushes - LOVE!
Ecotools.
smiles.gif

jadedOll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
Sonia Kashuk brushes - LOVE!
smiles.gif

Yep, Target got 'em! I use my double sided small e/s & small angled brush for ALL my e/s applications. Queen of Blending got me hooked on Sonia Kashuk!
winks.gif

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedOll
Yep, Target got 'em! I use my double sided small e/s & small angled brush for ALL my e/s applications. Queen of Blending got me hooked on Sonia Kashuk!
winks.gif

Hehe. My mom once needed an e/s brush a few years back and she saw Sonia Kashuk and picked it up. At first I was "eh" since I didn't know who Sonia Kashuk was at the time, but I used it and I saw why my mom liked it! Ever since, I'm in absolute love with them. <3 The angled liner brush is amazing. The only brush I can use with gel liner without messing up completely! I really want to try the black handeled line though - the quality looks really good.

jadedOll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubletta
Hehe. My mom once needed an e/s brush a few years back and she saw Sonia Kashuk and picked it up. At first I was "eh" since I didn't know who Sonia Kashuk was at the time, but I used it and I saw why my mom liked it! Ever since, I'm in absolute love with them. <3 The angled liner brush is amazing. The only brush I can use with gel liner without messing up completely! I really want to try the black handeled line though - the quality looks really good.

I never noticed the angled liner brush, will have to try that for sure! I have my double headed silver one, then 2 from the gold handeled line; a med. angled brush I use to do my brOws & a med. size "fluffy" brush, I used to use for blush, but I now use it to apply foundation with (in extraaa light circular motions)..it goes on flawlessly. Improper use, but it feels & ends up looking like heaven, so i'm with it!
greengrin.gif

Vixxan

For kabuki I would go with Sonia Kashuk brushes. I have both Sonia Kashuk brushes and Coastal Scents (Crown Brush) both are good but the large face brushes from Coastal Scents are not that good. They are scratchy and they bleed forever.

Lottascarlatta

The Sonia Kashuk brushes are fairly cheap and have never failed. After a year, I still have not seen major shedding or fraying.

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedOll
I never noticed the angled liner brush, will have to try that for sure! I have my double headed silver one, then 2 from the gold handeled line; a med. angled brush I use to do my brOws & a med. size "fluffy" brush, I used to use for blush, but I now use it to apply foundation with (in extraaa light circular motions)..it goes on flawlessly. Improper use, but it feels & ends up looking like heaven, so i'm with it!
greengrin.gif

Ooh. I haven't seen the gold line here! Are they in a set? Even if a face brush is used improperly and it leaves a face looking flawless, I don't think it would be considered improper use.
greengrin.gif
As long as it works, it works! xD

I forgot to add the Borghese brush set from Costco! $20 for a set of 14 items (including a pouch to store the brushes) and a itty bitty travel size set. It also brings a pretty good lash curler! The brushes are really really good, too!
smiles.gif

Also, theres a thread on here comparing MAC brushes to craft store dupes
winks.gif
Thread: http://www.specktra.net/forum/f167/t...brushes-88881/