Cheaper Alternatives to MAC 169 and MAC 272/275 Brushes

missmakeup

Hello! I was wondering if anybody can recommend to me any cheap/quality Angled brushes for contouring. My MAC 169 broke and unfortunately, I'm broke as well...
ssad.gif
I tried Face Secrets from Sally's and it's pretty scratchy.

So if anybody can give me any cheap yet quality and soft alternatives to the MAC 169 and a smaller angled brush for the nose like MAC 272/275 brush that I could buy at like Ulta, Walgreens, or Target, I would totally appreciate it. Thanks so much!
winkiss.gif
Ya'll are wonderful.
yes.gif

smexiebinks

I would recomend looking at the brush brand:

*Essence of beauty, when going into Walgreens.
*Sonia Kashuk, when going to Target
*Japonesque and the Ulta professional brushes (sometimes both are expensive- but take your coupon! lol!) also Studio Basics, when going to Ulta!

I also heard that going to your local art craft store and looking at the paint brushes helps ! I heard Loew Cornelle has some brushes that are really good.

This website has some good brushes too:
Coastal Scents:

Hope I was able to help
smiles.gif

ms_bloom

Paula's Choice has great brushes at a good price. I've put links in to the brushes that would be good alternates to the ones you asked for, along with links to the MakeupAlley reviews for them. I've actually owned the two brushes I'm recommending below but sold them as I seem to be unable to make angled brushes work on me. Am getting a #272 soon so we'll see if it just depends on the brush.

For a #169 alternative (more of a #168 dupe): Contour Brush for Temples, Nose, Underbrow & Under Cheekbone Applications - Brushes: Paula's Choice Skin Care & Cosmetics and the review: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...Makeup_Brushes

For a #275 alternative: Angled Shadow Brush for Precision in Shadowing the Inner Corner of the Crease - Brushes: Paula's Choice Skin Care & Cosmetics and the review: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...Makeup_Brushes

There aren't that many reviews but they're all five stars
smiles.gif

Doigonza

I like to tell people to go to Michaels or any arts and crafts store in their area to look at artists' paint brushes. They are made of the same material as the expensive makeup brushes (goat hair, squirrel hair, etc) but they are sooo much more affordable. Michaels always has 40% off sales on their brushes too, which will help you expand your collection. I personally own 4 or 5 MAC brushes and the rest are all paint brushes, but I can't tell the difference, nor can the people that I do makeup for.

There's a video on my blog by EnkoreMakeup that shows you exactly what brush to get from an arts and crafts store to replace its MAC counterpart.

Good luck!

MsChrys79

I agree with DOIGONZA, most of the brushes I have are either LOEW-CORNELL or ROYAL SOFTGRIP and they came from MICHAELS or HOBBY LOBBY at HOBBY LOBBY they always have a sale with the brushes being 40%-50% off. at MICHAELS the Loew-Cornell are normal price but the ROYAL SOFTGRIP are always $2.00-$2.99 per brush.

hope that helps!