Choosing Eyeshadow colors?

Misshopeful24

I have NW43 and was told I really glow with NC50 (can't remember the number) (well my mom said that so..) anyways the counter people always choose different shades so im lost)

I was wondering how do one choose eyeshadow colors. I notice alot of people have those bright neon colors which im afraid of. I want to bring alittle color to my face and i was thinking that a brownish-orange, gold and Green would do my face justice, what do you think?

I know MAC is pricy and right now i cannot afford it, is there any cheaper eyeshadow product out there that would show up on dark skin?

One more thing, I have really curly eye lashes, how can i control them? they are displayed in so many different directions...

garnetmoon

i LOVE bright colors and whenever i pick colors i just pick what i think is pretty w/ little to no regards as to my skin tone...so any color you can think of i probably have it. i work brights into a look by making sure that i blend it very well and if i have a bold eye i tone down my lips/cheeks. on the off chance i get a color that doesn't work for me my trick is to brush some of my face powder over it to tone it down a bit and make it more my color.

as for an inexpensive alternative...i use NYX actually most of my shadows are from them mixed in w/ a few MAC. another good alternative is Milani which you can find in most drug stores. both NYX & Milani have some dupes for MAC colors. hth...and sorry i can't help w/ the eye lashes as i have puny sparse ones...lol

also having darker skin actually makes picking colors easier imo b/c our skintones can take more/brighter colors w/o fear of clashing or not meshing w/ skintone the way paler people may have that concern. so i say go for it grab what looks pretty to you and rock it.
winks.gif

jdepp_84

garnetmoon gave some good info
smiles.gif

As far as finding another brand, have you looked into Milani? I think its got MAC quality without the price, of course MAC is better8) but Milani is a good brand to try.

AfricanaEyes

I agree with garnetmoon, as well...I wear whatever! Milani is great as well as.....Loreal HIP. I'm new to the Specktra world, but I haven't heard many people talk about Loreal HIP. They have great high pigmented colors. Not as pricey as MAC....you'll get 2 colors for the price of one. I also like Isa Dora. They have hot quad colors.

I'm NW45, a little darker than you....don't fear wearing bright colors. I rocked Electric Eel last week and got so many compliments. Let color enhance you....you've already got the beauty, let it shine!
(okayyy, a bit too motivational. LOL, sorry I was watching Oprah.)

blazeno.8

Maybelline has some cream eyeshadows out that are a lot like the shadesticks that MAC has. I'm not talking about the whipped eyeshadows (I have yet to try those), but I'm talking about the ones that look like pencils. They come in frosty colors (all of the names have something to do with cold things) and they're really great bases for other shadows. These are about 5.50 each.
Other than that, Milani has really nice nail polish for about 2.99 each

Misshopeful24

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmoon
i LOVE bright colors and whenever i pick colors i just pick what i think is pretty w/ little to no regards as to my skin tone...so any color you can think of i probably have it. i work brights into a look by making sure that i blend it very well and if i have a bold eye i tone down my lips/cheeks. on the off chance i get a color that doesn't work for me my trick is to brush some of my face powder over it to tone it down a bit and make it more my color.

as for an inexpensive alternative...i use NYX actually most of my shadows are from them mixed in w/ a few MAC. another good alternative is Milani which you can find in most drug stores. both NYX & Milani have some dupes for MAC colors. hth...and sorry i can't help w/ the eye lashes as i have puny sparse ones...lol

also having darker skin actually makes picking colors easier imo b/c our skintones can take more/brighter colors w/o fear of clashing or not meshing w/ skintone the way paler people may have that concern. so i say go for it grab what looks pretty to you and rock it.
winks.gif

Never heard of Milani, I don't even know if they have those in Canada. Thanks for the advice too... I guess i'm not too used to having so much color on my face, BUT in order to find something one must try it right? Im going to start with a not too bright color and we will see how that goes... i'll just go to a MAC store and ask questions and try things...hopefully i won't get a heart attack when I witness my face...
lmao.gif

Misshopeful24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanaEyes
I agree with garnetmoon, as well...I wear whatever! Milani is great as well as.....Loreal HIP. I'm new to the Specktra world, but I haven't heard many people talk about Loreal HIP. They have great high pigmented colors. Not as pricey as MAC....you'll get 2 colors for the price of one. I also like Isa Dora. They have hot quad colors.

I'm NW45, a little darker than you....don't fear wearing bright colors. I rocked Electric Eel last week and got so many compliments. Let color enhance you....you've already got the beauty, let it shine!
(okayyy, a bit too motivational. LOL, sorry I was watching Oprah.)

Loreal HIP? I don't think i've ever heard of that product at all, I don't even know if its here in canada either...
I checked your profile pix and i had to say gurl you ROCK those colors...
cheerleader.gif

If that was me i don't think i'd be coming out my house lol...
lol@ being too motivational...