Choosing Mac pigments

Cydonian

I was planning on picking up a few (maybe 4-5) Mac pigment samples from a website I frequent. However, I can't decide which ones as there are so many!

So I wanted some opinions on what you guys would recommend... I don't have a huge collection but I do tend to pick up a color if I have nothing like it, so I'd like to think that I have a range of interesting colors. Therefore, I sort of want colors that are unique to the Mac pigments instead of just Naked, for example, which I have 2 or 3 dupes of.

Thanks in advance!
If it matters, I have medium brown hair that is dyed purple at the ends and brown eyes that lean green.

LMD84

to be honest i think you'll get an array of answers because everybody likes different things. but i'm acomplete pigment whore so shall give you my top 5 piggies!

teal
violet
golden olive
mutiny
pink pearl
pink opal

PTinNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
to be honest i think you'll get an array of answers because everybody likes different things. but i'm acomplete pigment whore so shall give you my top 5 piggies!

teal
violet
golden olive
mutiny
pink pearl
pink opal

I think Teal & Violet are must haves!! gorgeous! Blonde's Gold is also a great shade that works for some ppl. Nice light neutral gold.

The rest of my top ones are LE, unfortunately.

ms. kendra

Vanilla is def. a must have...no matter what your skin tone is and how conservative or wild you want your looks to be.

I have many pigments but Vanilla is one that I use the most. I would say it's a must have.

Kirsty

If they have them:

- Sweet Sienna
love.gif

- Pink Pearl
- Violet
- Heritage Rouge
- Sunpepper is very unique, although not my cup of tea

Lyssah

I think some of the most usable pigments that arent available everywhere would be;

- pink bronze
- pink opal
- violet
- charatuse
- emerald green
- melon

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84

teal
violet
golden olive
mutiny
pink pearl
pink opal

Great choices.

My list would be
Golden Olive
Blue Brown (You can change the color with a dark a base. Paintpot or shade stick. I use either sharkskin or blackground.)
Frozen White (Again, it has duochromes and can change color with a darker base)
Corn Flower
Melon

JustAddSparkles

Kitschmas, Grape, Teal, Glitter/Teal Reflects/Pink Reflects--any of those, you need one glitter
greengrin.gif
, and Mutiny are among my favorites. But like previous posters have said, everyone is going to have different tastes
smiles.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I agree with a lot of what's been said so far and I definitely suggest buying a variety of colours/ finishes so you can try out what works on you. I did want to put a mention in for two of my personal faves:

Platinum
Rose Gold

These are both metallic finishes and that is exactly how they look on the eyes. (There are also Silver and Copper in metallic finishes.) They have a lot of impact and I find them super-smooth to work with. Rose Gold in particular is a unique shade, a deep, slightly pink-toned (but neutral) gold that works on a lot of complexions.

vividdreamer

Vanilla is absolutely a must-have. It's SO versatile. Ditto with Pink Opal--beautiful as a highlighter (for eyes, cheeks, cupids bow, etc.) and it looks AWESOME over dark colors! Love those duochromes.

Melon is a standout, awesome pigment for me. It looks fabulous with blue eyes, but works well with other eye colors as well. I always get compliments when I wear it. And it's sort of coral, which fits in perfectly with this summer trend!

Golden Lemon is great too--such a beautiful, shimmery, bright yellow. Love it.

I like Blue Brown and Green Brown sometimes, and they can look really cool, but don't use them that often.

Jardin Aires is gorgeous as a lid color, and can be used in many different ways.

MAC's violet is a good pigment, but there are better purples pigments out there from other companies, IMHO. (I still have a full size Violet, though, lol!)

I think everyone has their own personal preferences, but my "Must Haves" are:

Vanilla
Pink Opal
Melon

Vanilla
Pink Opal
Melon

Junkie

Love, love, LOVE Grape pigment - I use it the most.

Others would be:

Jardin Aires, Goldenaire, Apricot Pink, Melon, Deckchair, All Girl, Coco Beach, Chocolate Brown, Deep Purple, Museum Bronze, Teal, & Reflects Transparent Teal glitter. Some are LE/HTF, but most of the peachy/pink/corals are great multi-use colours - eyes, cheeks, lips, in lotion or on the body.