Christian Louboutin Beauty -- COMING SOON?

NaomiH

d3f8e26c_image.jpeg
Cl Eton moi
How did I miss this? You look gorgeous Glammy!

LauraLara

I'll swatch on my darker skinned husband when he gets home, but he's at class now. Let me know any swatches you want to see on light/cool skin AND on dark/warm skin side by side! He's actually medium, NC45 is pretty d*mn light, but it's darker than NW11, and the tone is different. I could get one of my friends with MUCH darker skin to do it, but they don't physically live at my apartment because I'm not married to them :p It would be so awesome to have six people, three warm-toned, three cool-toned, and dark/medium/light and swatch all side by side, same number of swipes, same lighting. Ooh! Or 9 people and have 3 more that are neutral-toned!

Specktra should set it up so we can like, add an official name to each of our swatches, then have us upload them to a swatch database, and then you could go to specktra and just type in a name and all swatches of what you want to see will come up. Oh and we can even check boxes for skin shade and tone so you can be like, "I want to see NYX Macaroon on NW55" or something and all swatches will come right up! Do you think they'd do that? What if one of us offered to set it up for free? I wonder how hard it is. I bet I could get an IT person to show me how.

Okay gna study for my test now! Remember to tell me what swatches you want to see on me and my husband both (feel free to request like, a specific color and then just ask for "colors like it")

Weird thing I just realized, whenever someone who looks like me color-wise does my makeup, I end up looking terrible. Whenever someone with much darker skin (both warm and cool, people with light warm skin still always end up putting the wrong colors on me) than me does my makeup, I look amazing (this has been tested a LOT of times). Do you think it's because when we do the makeup of someone who looks like us we just automatically use the same stuff we would use on ourselves, but when we do the makeup of someone with a very different skin tone we actually look at the big picture and choose colors that will look amazing SPECIFICALLY on them? And when I personally do a friends makeup who looks like me, it never turns out like I expected, but when I do family and friends' makeup who have much different skin tones than me, they look amazing... I thought it was just because everything looks better on darker skin (because no one is lighter than me so I can't test it), but maybe I just put more into color choice on other skin tones. Plus I have a million colors that I'm always thinking "this would look amazing on someone with warm and/or dark skin", so whenever someone wants me to do their makeup I'm like "yay! I finally get to use this color!".

starletta8

Oh NO!!! CL minor emergency on my hands.

Tutulle is way too light for my pigmented lips. Like concealer.

I refuse to do the "concealer on lips thing- it makes me want to vomit on multiple levels- so does anyone have a good color-cancelling lipliner rec?

JerseyGirl

Oh NO!!! CL minor emergency on my hands. Tutulle is way too light for my pigmented lips. Like concealer. I refuse to do the "concealer on lips thing- it makes me want to vomit on multiple levels- so does anyone have a good color-cancelling lipliner rec?
Guerlain makes a lip primer that is in a lipstick tube. It neutralizes the color on your lips. MAC also makes chromographic pencil in all types of skin tones. I never tried it on my whole lip, though. I've just used it to adjust my lip shape where I have some discoloration.

Sugar & Spice

Drum rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
yahoo.gif

Let Me Tell You

Love it!
cheerleader.gif

This shade has shimmer, it's not over the top as I'm someone who does not like shimmer in my lip products but it keeps the shade from looking flat. You don't even notice it except when the light hits the color reflects, I guess that is the best way to describe it.

starletta8

Guerlain makes a lip primer that is in a lipstick tube. It neutralizes the color on your lips. MAC also makes chromographic pencil in all types of skin tones. I never tried it on my whole lip, though. I've just used it to adjust my lip shape where I have some discoloration.

I just ordered MAC's Lip Erase, but my lips are so pigmented that I'm searching out multiple options. I was looking at the Guerlain primer, but it's not color-correcting from what I can tell....

Seriously going to cry.

awickedshape

I just ordered MAC's Lip Erase, but my lips are so pigmented that I'm searching out multiple options. I was looking at the Guerlain primer, but it's not color-correcting from what I can tell....

Seriously going to cry.

I hate when a lipstick can't work on its own. Do you have a suitable liner you can use or MAC's What Comes Naturally?

Sugar & Spice

I hate when a lipstick can't work on its own. Do you have a suitable liner you can use or MAC's What Comes Naturally?
Yeah I personally don't tweek lip colors. I'm lazy and need it to be perfect straight out the tube, if the color is off then it's a shade not suitable for me.

Tutulle looked the same on me and although it is a gorgeous shade, it was not suitable for my skin tone. I got Me Nude and it's perfect with nothing extra needed which is what I require in a lipstick.

starletta8

Yeah I personally don't tweek lip colors. I'm lazy and need it to be perfect straight out the tube, if the color is off then it's a shade not suitable for me.

Tutulle looked the same on me and although it is a gorgeous shade, it was not suitable for my skin tone. I got Me Nude and it's perfect with nothing extra needed which is what I require in a lipstick.

I kept side-eyeing Tutulle from the first set of promo photos onwards. So I will make it work.

Latest posts