Christina Aguilera in Marie Claire

misstwiggwinkle

Christina Aguilera bares her baby bump on cover of American magazine

ChristinaAguilera1MC_468x636.jpg

Diva Christina Aguilera has bared her baby bump to the world, appearing in a saucy shoot for American magazine Marie Claire.

The "Sexy Mama" shoot, featured in the January 2008 issue of Marie Claire, reveals that the baby was an unexpected surprise for the singer and husband Jordan Bratman.

"We were planning on starting to try after the tour," she is quoted by Hollywood gossip website Perez Hilton as saying in the article.

"And so, I had gone off the Pill to prepare my body, because I didn't know how much time it would take. You've heard it takes some time.

"Except with Power Egg and Super Sperm here ... I'm like, Oh, my God, can you believe it just happened?"

The pregnancy - discovered when she still had a month left on tour - left her wearing a heart monitor on stage as she took extra care to protect the baby.

ChristinaAguilera2MC_468x637.jpg

"I was paranoid," she reportedly admitted.

"There are so many things that could go wrong—somebody could slip, somebody could fall, I could fall. There was no way in hell I was going to jeopardize my baby for my show.

"I didn't want to make the audience uncomfortable, like, 'Pregnant lady onstage! Is she going to be OK?' But I had to announce it to my band and my dancers, because I wanted to make sure they had my back."

Aguilera also reportedly spoke on the fact that her pregnancy was announced to the world by the less-than-discreet Paris Hilton.

"Because I hadn't said anything, people thought I was trying to keep it this big, bad secret, and that's not the case at all. I just wasn't commenting. I'm not being like, 'Hey, everybody, I'm pregnant!' I'm not that girl."

Aguilera says she likes the idea of a big family, although she doesn’t have a set number of kids in mind… But the domestication of Christina Aguilera is likely to be complicated. What will it mean for someone who has treated her confrontational sexuality as both a rallying cry and a right?

"We’re so labeled. If you’re too sexual, you’re slutty. If you’re not sexual enough, you’re a prude. I like to put it out there as a topic of conversation. Why does it bother you? What’s your problem with it? Am I really hurting you? Let’s get to the root of it. I have more than one side of me that likes to get out on a stage and sing. Sometimes I want to be aggressive, sometimes I want to feel empowered in my sexuality and my vulnerability. I want to put all that out there."

aziajs

Christina cracks me up. She is so full of it. You aren't the 'Hey, everybody, I'm pregnant!' girl but you are the hey everybody I am going to pose nude with my pregnant belly in Marie Claire. Ummm...ok.

I have to be honest and say that I am not really feeling the pics. The cover is a little disturbing to me and the full nude shot just isn't doing it. I can't put my finger on it but I just don't like it.

MiCHiE

I see what she's saying because she never "announced" that she was expecting, she just could no longer hide it. But you could actually see the bump during the last leg of her tour. I don't understand her doing the cover, though. But whateva...

Hilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I have to be honest and say that I am not really feeling the pics. The cover is a little disturbing to me and the full nude shot just isn't doing it. I can't put my finger on it but I just don't like it.

I Agree!! They are so ....odd..or something. Like it's too much. I am not feeling it at all!

purrtykitty

hmmm...demi moore already did this. not an original cover...once was enough. we get it already - a baby is the new "It" thing in hollywood.

SparklingWaves

The other day, I saw a bare all crotch shot of her getting out of her car in a mini dress with 3" heels. Ok, I was crotch blinded again.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
The other day, I saw a bare all crotch shot of her getting out of her car in a mini dress with 3" heels. Ok, I was crotch blinded again.

haha...once a lady, always a lady...no matter how pregnant! i'm sure we'll get a post-birth shot just like the one from miss brit. who doesn't love a before and after!

CaraAmericana

She's beautiful as any pregnant woman is but I would love to see her unairbrushed and unbronzed. That would be very impressive.

AppleDiva

Photoshop is a helluva drug. I hope pregnant women do not start low self-esteeming when they see this cover.
th_rolleye0014.gif

Hilly

That cover shot just looks uber slutty to me. Blech. You can embrace your body and such, but it just looks cheap on a mag cover

labellavita7

I think she looks great in the nude picture. I'm not a fan of the cover though.. i don't think the mini leather jacket exactly embraces the essence of motherhood in that photo lol

Beauty Mark

I'm not opposed to pregnant women nude on magazine covers. However, this were really cheap and tacky looking photos. They're also clearly altered.

aquarius11

Quote:
Hey, why don't these women who pose naked have their SO or husband's pose nude too?

Hey, that's a good point. That would actually be pretty cool, I think.

XShear

Quote:
Hey, why don't these women who pose naked have their SO or husband's pose nude too?

THAT would be a fantastic idea.

I've never really cared for Christina or her looks - especially as of late. Way too much of a over-the-top glamour queen, IMHO.