Chrome yellow??

Whats the best way to get chrome yellow to show up really bright? I use the urban decay primer potion underneath it but it still look really sheer and certainly not as bright as some pictures I've seen on here. Any help?:confused:

mzreyes

When I use chrome yellow, I use baselight paint (which I actually use for everything. lol) as a base. I pat it on with a brush, then if the color is not vibrant enough, I'll pat some on with my finger. Its important to remember to pat the color on, rather than to brush it on. I do the same thing with bitter e/s. HTH!!

elisha24

I use a base, usually Corn Shadestick then wet my brush with a bit of mixing medium and pat it on.

medusalox

As the others said, it's best to pat the eyeshadow on, and really pack it on when you do.
smiles.gif
I love chrome yellow! Corn shadestick makes a great base, too.

bellaetoile

urban decay primer potion, then an even layer of corn shadestick. the urban decay primer potion prolongs the wear, the shadestick enhances the color. make sure you let both bases dry before you try to apply the shadow. emollient based products can mess with shadow application if they aren't completely dry. also, apply the chrome yellow with a smaller, compact brush. i like the 228 to pack on color, and the 316 (yes, the lip brush) for tiny, detailed work.

dustycat

I think one of the really important things to stress is to pat it on & layer it until you get the color payoff that you want. A base is crucial, but I've seem MA do a lot of layers of a color to get that strong look that they have. It's time consuming, but you can get the look.

eighmii

This probabley isn't a very professional way of doing it, but I like to apply over a white frosty like color (like, say, white frost e/s.. lol). I usually will use the Pearl cream base underneath the white frost first also. It makes it really bright for me. I use chrome yellow atleast once a week in daily wear and this is my favorite way of wearing it so far. =]