Class w/ Gordon E.

Annie

Today I was chatting with one of the lovely gals from my MAC counter, and she told me that MAC artist Gordon E. would be doing some sort of class on the 14th of April. She said that there was a $150 fee that would be redeemable in product at the end. Apparently the only cities he's doing this in are LA, Dallas, and Norfolk (we both were "wtf"-ing at this; no one ever comes to Norfolk for anything).

Has anyone done something like this before? It sounds like a great opportunity, but I don't want to drop $150 if it's just basic makeup application. What do you all think?

juicyaddict

Over here at one counter I was offered the same thing, the artist will be Chantel. Same price and everything. I was tempted but I already signed up for another techniques seminar for $50 (redeemable afterwards) but with no MAC artist. I was told they will be using the new collections coming out. Not sure if that includes the summer coll.

katrina1

There is also going to be a call at Nordstroms in San Francisco for $150 but it's with Tiffany in April. I think it's the 28th.

MAC_Whore

Gordon is amazingly talented! I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Do it!
smiles.gif
Chantal is fantastic as well. You guys got some good ones!
winks.gif

Deelite033

I went to Gordons workshop last year, he is the cutest person ever!
clap.gif
There is a seminar coming up, for my Bay Area people.. April 28th at Nordies, Stoneridge Mall with Gregory Arlt, cost is also $150.

GreekChick

Gordon is a legend! The 150$ is worth it. That day, buy the stuff you've been wanting for a long time instead of buying them now. That way, you will have saved up for the seminar.

aeni

I suggest attending classes. There's so much we always don't know! I'm unable to attend anything in April b/c of school, but I'm hoping there's more classes for Summer/Fall.

aziajs

There is are two classes coming to Chicago. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. I think Gordon is teaching them.

Annie

Thanks guys! I just finished signing up and paying for the class and I'm super excited! Two weeks cannot go by fast enough!

The only thing I can think now is "OMG, what the HELL am I going to wear?"

aeni

Wear whatever you want - jeans, shirt, shoes. A girl I met wore a cocktail dress and she was the best dressed out of us all. I remembered reading on a post here somewhere about not wearing a coat or anything like that b/c it's warm in there with all that body heat - and it's true! Remember to bring a camera (you're allowed), notepad and pen/pencil. I just took my trusty recorder so I could watch and not take notes.

Marcita

I'd jump at it. It's basically free, you are just guaranteeing you'll buy product. They have to do that to make sure it's worth his time to come there.
You'll definitely learn something. Even in the basic ones I've attended at Nordstrom I still learn or relearn something. But with Gordon Espinet I'd be in heaven.

maxcat

DO IT! Heck, most MAC artists don't even get that opportunity!
He's really great... very friendly and approachable. Wear whatever you're comfortable with... he's not scary or uptight or anything!

aeni

I believe you can only go to these events if you're a MAC PRO member. You can find the classes on MACPRO.com

Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
I believe you can only go to these events if you're a MAC PRO member. You can find the classes on MACPRO.com

No one said anything about this when I was originally told or when I signed up & paid for it. I certainly hope that's not the case, because I'm definitely not a MAC Pro member.

MAC_Whore

MAC has many different types of events featuring their Pro Team. Some are for Pro members only and some are for the general public.

If they asked you at the counter, I am sure your event is for the GP. Usually you hear about Pro only events from MAC Pro via website, emails or mailers. Besides, even if it was a Pro event, they failed to ask you so their fault. They would still let you go. I wouldn't sweat it.
smiles.gif

Annie

Oh good. I was really nervous about that - being turned away at the door would have made me cry. :)