CoC Gift Sets??

GlamYOURUs

So when I was at the counter today I noticed that there were CoC gift sets in a beaker. :\

I picked one up and each of them had a quad, a lipstick, and a gloss. Others were mixed in with nail lacquers and such. And they were freakin $70 each!!

I also noticed that the packaging was that of a plastic wrap with a tie around it AND a label with a face chart.

Was this MAC's idea or was this just the MAs at the counter trying to sell whats left over?

I am just curious thats all. I mean, I don't think they should have done it that way b/c what if someone wanted just the quad alone?
th_dunno.gif

LP_x

I think it's a great idea. I've not seen it, but that'd be an ideal gift for someone - hence the term 'gift set'. Were they not selling them individually too?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Definitely the counter's idea. That's a great way to get remainders of collections moving. Too bad we can't discount it.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_x
I think it's a great idea. I've not seen it, but that'd be an ideal gift for someone - hence the term 'gift set'. Were they not selling them individually too?

Nope, just as sets. They should have done both. But I guess whatever way sells, right?
thmbup.gif

abbyquack

My counter has a "gift set" in a cellophane bag of like a small make up bag and few face products. i think it something they do as a counter like Bunnyx3 said.

ps- a discount would rock too!
smiles.gif

mizzbeba

A counter near me has done that before. I thought it was something 'special' but all they did was throw a couple of items together in a cellophane bag and tie it up. Products are still sold according to their specific price. pffft tryina trick me!

MizzHotTahiti

i actually bought my 1st heatherette haul this way. it was the 1st day they stocked it too.it was just a bag tied with a hot pink ribbon and a starlet kiss face chart.i got alpha girl,melrose mood,and starlet kiss.

erine1881

its actually a mac thing. counters are told closer to holiday times to put sets together based on price to get things moving.