Coffin Color

widdershins

Etsy :: coffincolor :: █████ CLOSED 5/10/08 - 5/18/08 █████

I did a search, but I didn't find anything about this wonderful etsy shop. Forgive me if there is already an existing post! Persephonewillo has a FOTD using the color Gangrene.

I'm a big etsy junkie, and I stumbled about Coffin Color by chance. I love everything spooky and Halloween, so everything was really appealing. I ordered a Coffin Color Sampler for $6 plus S&H, and received five jars of samples instead of the four they described. Very nice!
I chose Girl Pants (black), Gangrene (shimmery golden olive), Mmm Brains! (hot hot pink), and Tombstone (shimmery gray). I got Trailer Park Blue (bright blue) as my freebie.
They're good-sized samples and I got a cute little button in my order.
The color payoff is amazing! I am thinking about ordering the entire sample set for $20 where you get a sample of every single color they make.

Here are some swatches on my hand:
(top, left to right: Trailer Park Blue, Mmm Brains!, and Tombstone
bottom, left to right: Gangrene and Girl Pants)

Jars:

Bottoms of jars and with a Paint Pot for size comparison:

They're a super value (the full sizes are only $5), and I got my package from them really quickly. As a note, they are on vacation right now, but they will fill orders when they return on the 18th!

infernalmachine

seen em on etsy and was intrigued but the colours look a bit too matte and teen-ish for me (i work for the gov't and i'm a bit more of a shimmer dude)

widdershins

Oh some are really matte, but there are a couple of really pretty shimmers: gangrene, raven, tombstone, and black eye. If you're curious I would really recommend Gangrene--a really gorgeous shimmery golden green.

wolfsong

Do the mattes go on smoothly (dry)/blend well? Thats the problem ive had with bright mattes before - namely hot pinks for some reason.

I love the idea of these though - must check them out when i can!

widdershins

I found that the mattes blend really well. I used the hot pink and the gray and Urban Decay's Potion Primer for one look and I had no problems blending at all.