Coleen's Real Women

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Does anyone in the UK watch this show?

My friends and I applied to be on the show a few months back and over the past few days I've had emails and phonecalls and I have got on it! I am going down to Newcastle a week on Tuesday (Im from Scotland) for filming. Apparently there is going to be about 50 girls there and they will be whittled down to 10 by Coleen then down to three who will have a professional models portfolio done and will compete against 'real' models at a casting to win a top advertising campaign. I am really excited but very nervous! I've always thought of myself as pretty ugly and don't know how the hell I got through!

Last year the contestants won modelling contracts with big companies such as Avon, Pretty Polly and Fake Bake. I wont find out which company I am competing for a job with until the day!

florabundance

congratulations, and i hope you realise now that you've been silly to think of yourself as ugly!!!
to be honest, i do like the concept of the show, but i can't stand Coleen and what her success symbolises.

glam8babe

i used to watch it, i thought it was crap really coz she basically picked girls who LOOKED LIKE models (skinny, tall, nice skin etc.)

or if they werent tall they had super perfect skin and stuff

i was quite dissapointed

but good luck
smiles.gif
tell us how it goes!

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Thanks girlies!

I'm really excited to have just got this far and it looks like they have quite a fun day planned for us so I'm sure I'll enjoy it whatever the outcome!

I know what you mean about Coleen picking model-like girls but I think, from reading everything they have sent me, that is the idea of the show. Girls who still look like models but have something (eg: are a little too 'heavy', too short, unusual looks for commercial adverts) that would otherwise hold them back!

I can't believe filming starts so soon!

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Ohh have you heard anything back?

I got an email and a phonecall a few days ago and everything has pretty much been confirmed now for filming a week on Tuesday!

piggy1331

how did your casting go -I have been invited to the one in london next week -very last minute as I only applied on monday .

My nerves are gone -not sure what to expect -any tips
what was your casting for -did you have to take off your clothes

thanks

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

Sorry I didnt reply sooner everyone! Totally forgot! I got through to the final 40 but didnt make the final ten. It was a fun day but there was alot of waiting about and, to be perfectly honest with you, there was alot of bitchyness going on.

The brand that it was for was great though...I really wished I had made more of an effort on the day and I might have stood a chance (I thought we were supposed to go natural but pretty much all the other girls were wearing makeup with heels on and their done etc). The campaign was to replace EVA LONGORIA as the face of MAGNUM ICE CREAM!

How cool would that have been?!

If they do another series next year I am going to apply again as I would know what to expect!

x