Color Seasons

katred

Specktra Bestie
Okay, @katred , I think I need your help!  My first instinct, based on her pictures and her coloring, is Soft Autumn, but that does contradict some of the colors she gravitates towards and stays away from.  What do you think?
Before I even read your response, I thought the same thing- Soft Autumn. I'm thinking that it's brighter oranges and yellows might be overwhelming. Doesn't really explain the acid yellow working, but greenish yellows in general seem to work on autumn skin tones.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Looking at the charts again, I see some of the colours I gravitate toward in Soft Summer and Bright Winter (particularly Soft Summer), as well as Cool Winter. Hrm.

JujuluvsMAC

I remember my grandmother had these charts back in her am way/artistry beauty days and I never liked them. I much prefer experimenting with my colour choices!

SubwayDreaming

After reading this thread, I decided to do a bit more research and I ended up getting a colour analysis done through a website I found.

I took a bunch of photos of myself (with and without makeup, in natural and artificial light) and submitted them along with a completed questionaire. The results are that I am a Soft Autumn (more specifially a Soft Autumn Toned, according to the 16-colour system). I also recevied an eBook which explains the process of colour analysis and colour charts for all 16 season possibilities.

It's very intriguing, and I'll keep some of the things I learned in mind when I go shopping for makeup and clothes in the future.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Very cool! I read Christine Scaman's book (from 12blueprints.com) but I'd love to look at more. Can you post the name of the website you went to?

MandyVanHook

I stumbled upon this page today and I think it does a pretty good job of breaking things down and it answered a few questions that I had, like whether or not changing your hair color can change your season (according to them, yes). It was a pretty good read. It also helped explain why I feel like I teeter between clear(bright) winter and clear(bright) spring. http://www.thechicfashionista.com/seasonal-color-analysis.html