color stories images idea

eco

i had an idea-
you know how specktra cannot have mac images in the color stories anymore? why don't we make a seperate site that organizes the images in a similar way, but make it in a yahoo group or something different than a fan site? another thought is we could find other sites to host and create mirror sites so if something happens to one site we can have backup
smiles.gif

Janice

We've already covered the color stories and image issues, we have yet to launch v 2.0 of the color stories as we're tweaking a few last minute things and waiting to roll out some other exciting new features at the same time. I encourage you to take caution when handling copywritten digital images. Estee Lauder (MAC's parent company) takes an active stance on defending it's copywrite on MAC promotional imaging on the internet. It is my opinion that EL would fare much better if it accepted it's established fan commnunity right here on Specktra.Net.

As far as hosting multiple sites so nothing ever goes down... That's basically what Specktra does and why it works so well IMO. We collaborate with individuals who have great resources to give them a platform to share their research and documentation with the MAC community at large.

If you have a comprehensive MAC project and are interested in exposing it to an international community contact me ([email protected]) and we'll work something out! I normally provide hosting for the mirrored content, an email address for the person contributing, the promise of open dialouge, and as always, creative control remains with the contributor.