Colorful acrylics I've gotten!

clslvr6spd

I go in on Monday, I don't know what color glitter to get!
tong.gif

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
I go in on Monday, I don't know what color glitter to get!
tong.gif

Lucky you!!! I took mine off for this month... but I'm really feeling something green...like bright or jade kind of color.
Ooohh or some purple... oh man...

Do tell me what you get!

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr44
Lucky you!!! I took mine off for this month... but I'm really feeling something green...like bright or jade kind of color.
Ooohh or some purple... oh man...

Do tell me what you get!

I was thinking purple. I haven't done that in a long time! I will def let you know.
winks.gif

clslvr6spd

Sorry it took me soo long to post this! I got purple multi-glitter!! I really like them. Next month I will be going with gold multi-glitter.

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
Sorry it took me soo long to post this! I got purple multi-glitter!! I really like them. Next month I will be going with gold multi-glitter.

OOOHHH!! Those are super pretty. I finally took my MCAT and now have the freedom and time to do my nails.

I LOVEEE that purple. ALways have. That set looks gorgeous on you!
I think I'm going to get mine this coming week. =)

Plm5027

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDeViousDiVa
They're all really beautiful, I LOVE nails and looking at pretty pics of them, I think I might like it more than makeup!

Where in Cali are you from? I'm fascinated by the fact that they put the powder over your own nails. I grow mine out and never get them done cause I always thought you had to get tips.

I love looking at pics of nails too!

Plm5027

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
LOVE LOVE LOVE these! I did this design back in Feb. '04.
ValentinesNail.jpg

Sadly, I don't have any pics on this laptop. I lost my pics in Katrina.

wow you did that yourself very pretty.

dillpickle

Your nails are so pretty!

I had glitter tips for about two weeks (they were pink) and I just got them taken off- well I got a backfill and now the tips are just white. Anyways, seeing your nail pictures made me want glitter tips again! LOL Maybe next time I'll get blue.

imperfectbeauty

sooo pretty!!

what exactly is the procedure that they do to get your nails looking like that?? i'd like to try once so i want to get a lil more info before i do anything to them.
smiles.gif

pat

I LOVE how colored tips look on other people, but I hate how they look on my own nails. hahaha...

I feel I'm not daring enough to wear them, I think I'm more of a traditional french manicure kinda girl.

The closest thing to "daring" was I got tips that had silver glitter on them, but I ended up hating them. ;/

they have this good place in hayward, that has a big variety of colored powder.
smiles.gif

pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectbeauty
sooo pretty!!

what exactly is the procedure that they do to get your nails looking like that?? i'd like to try once so i want to get a lil more info before i do anything to them.
smiles.gif

This was my experience... I hope you find this helpful.
smiles.gif

What they will do is apply a clear tip to your nail. (as if you were getting a regular kind of french set).

Now onto the colorful tips!

They apply like water or solution to the powder/glitter/color tips to make them tacky. Once they do this, the nail tech will apply the p/g/c onto the tips of your fake nails.

Then, they grab this tool thing that has the shape of a nail curve and I guess they estimate where the nail (p/g/c) part should start.

So, they scrape the powder away from the nail curve and this gives you the effect of the white tip part of the nail. (get me? hahahah)

then they apply the acrylic on top of the nails then polish.

damn, it sounds so confusing but i really hope it helps hahahah

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbaby
I love you nails hun! They are super gorgeous!
thmbup.gif
Unfortch, Jersey is really slow ... especially my town... and I've never seen glitter powder until now! I just have the regular permanent french that I've been doing for years now.. I love the glitter..its such a great touch! I wish they would do that here!
ssad.gif

I live in Jersey and know several different towns that have been doing it for awhile..

hr44

Quote:
sooo pretty!!

smiles.gif

It's just how Patty described. It's all acrylic on top of your nail. I've had a new set done... bright ass green and yellow (tennis fever). It's not my fav but I enjoyed it for a bit.. and getting a new set Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty0411
I LOVE how colored tips look on other people, but I hate how they look on my own nails. hahaha...

I feel I'm not daring enough to wear them, I think I'm more of a traditional french manicure kinda girl.

The closest thing to "daring" was I got tips that had silver glitter on them, but I ended up hating them. ;/

they have this good place in hayward, that has a big variety of colored powder.
smiles.gif

I think it just takes time getting used to. I understand the whole traditional thing though. One of my girls is like that. You like what you like! That's all that matters. =)
I just CAN't get all white.. or if I do.. it's glitter white. lol.
I think this Sat I'm getting white tips with a spray of purple or fushia glitter coming from the bottom. (Like the black and glitter tips I have displayed)

imperfectbeauty

that makes perfect sense!! thanks!! im not so sure that i want to get them done because my natural nails grow pretty long and nice on their own and im not sure if i'll like it or not. is it possible to do this and not get fake tips but get it done on the natural nail or is that too damaging.

MAChostage

^^Yep, it's totally possible. I have a gel overlay on my natural, longer nails and my nail/free edge is done with glitter. I would imaging that there is a method for doing this on natural, bare nails (i.e., those with no acrylic or gel product). I also was hesitant to try glitter on my nails because of working in an office environment. They're always tastefully done and seem to go over just fine. (Either that, or I just don't give a flip what they think because I enjoy it.)
winks.gif

hr44

Quote:
that makes perfect sense!! thanks!! im not so sure that i want to get them done because my natural nails grow pretty long and nice on their own and im not sure if i'll like it or not. is it possible to do this and not get fake tips but get it done on the natural nail or is that too damaging.

You don't need to get fake tips. Mine are done on my natural nails because I let them grow to a slightly longer than desired length so I go in and they file it down to the length I want and just go from there. =)

imperfectbeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr44
You don't need to get fake tips. Mine are done on my natural nails because I let them grow to a slightly longer than desired length so I go in and they file it down to the length I want and just go from there. =)

YAY!! i look forward to trying this out sometime then!! i loveeee what you've done.