Colorless Powders?

x___untouchable

Okay, well I'm a guy who's looking for something I can use to make myself look better for when I go out. Normal drugstore makeup (covergirl, etc) is way too thick and obvious for me. I've looked at those Makeup for Men brands but I've never even heard of them before so I'm kind of scared to try them. So I think the best choice is to pick something light from an already well established brand. Can anyone help me out?

I was thinking of maybe just getting a Shine/Oil Control line of products, such as Biore Shine Control or Clearasil Oil Control but I'm not sure if that's the way to go. I'm looking for something more to do then use a moisturizer before getting ready to go out.

There are two things I'm interested in..

1.) Colorless Powders. Such as..

Urban Decay Universal Loose Powder
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends translucent oil-control powder
Clean & Clear Invisible Shine-Control Powder/Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
Physicians Formula multi-colored face powder pallette
Hard Candy blotting powder/sheets

Most of those powders are designed to control shine/oil, enchance skintone, cover up redness but without leaving a trace of evidence. I don't have bad skin so something light just to help me look a little better is all I want.

I used to use the Phsycians Formula one but I ran out. It worked really good but after I started tanning even though it's supposed to be colorless it seemed to make my face paler.

The other thing I'm interested in is..

2.) Mattyfing Lotions

I've seen a lot of these on Sephora.com. They all say that they control shine/oil and leave your skin feeling/looking soft and matte. I saw PURE FOCUS by Lancome advertised in an old Teen Vogue magazine once.

I'm not sure if there is anything else in the cosmetics world that would be good for what I'm looking for but if so please let me know. I'm really interested in the Urban Decay Universal Powder, it's different than anything I've ever seen before and everyone reports that it covers up redness very well. I was thinking of getting a couple of those + the urban decay powder brush, but I dunno.. it's a discontinued item so there is for sure to be a limited stock.. i'd be scared I'd get addicted and then wouldn't be able to find it anymore!

But yes, please hook me up with what you think is the best products for what I'm looking for. I've heard that there is actually colorless foundation too.. from Sally Hansen or philosophy or something?

Shawna

Have you ever tried mineral makeup? It goes on so sheer, you would never know you had anything on. Bare Escentuals is really good and so are Everyday minerals. I keep telling people about the free sample kit from everyday minerals so you could try that (no I am not affiliated with EM, I just love free stuff) If you are just wanting a mattifying gel, MAC makes a great one. Make up for ever also has a loose powder called "super matte loose powder" and I swear by it. They have several shades, but they also have a transluscent universal one that doesn't leave a hint of powder. It is made with silk extracts. There are lots of options out there, and lots of great people here with recommendations. I learned almost everything I know about makeup from here
smiles.gif
Oh yeah, I'll move this to recs for you where you will get more help.

dollbabybex

mac blot powder is pretty sheer.

i used to use clinique, which looked, well, powdery!

but with mac blot powder i never look cakey or powdery!

ette

MAC Pro Loose Transparent powder or something or other is supposed to be excellent, many MA's swear by it.

x___untouchable

thank you all so so so much, all of that stuff sounds great! what do you think would be best to get just better looking skin? mattyfing gel or translucent powder? or maybe both...? where can I get the free samples kit btw?

smiles.gif

Shawna

I personally like the powder because you can transport it and use it for touchups, but some people swear by the mattifying gel. The free mineral samples are at everydayminerals.com and you just have to look under custom kits and scroll down. You do have to pay for shipping, but it is only a few dollars and then you can try the stuff out
smiles.gif
Make up for ever is always great about giving me samples so I bet if you found a counter and asked, they would happily help you out.

asnbrb

MAC's matte lotion is awesome. I actually just picked it up yesterday and it's doing wonders for me already (I usually am shiny by now). I also carry the blot powder in a compact, but I'm thinking that I'll be using it way less now.

I'm guessing that you don't want to carry a compact, so for touchups I'd reccommend the blot papers (Clean and Clear is an excellent choice, but I've found really cheap Japanese made ones that work just as well).

Shawna

rofl.gif
Good point. I bet most men would not want to carry makeup. I second blot sheets. They are more discreet and you don't even need a mirror to use them. You can just blot them around your face and they take away the oil.