Comp Card, Business Card, Union Card

I'm an spiring Freelance makeup artist and I know what a business card is but can someone explain the difference between the 3. thanks a lot
th_dunno.gif

baybehbekah

i could be wrong but i am pretty sure i know the difference ... someone else just might have a better explanation.

comp card - gives someone a discount at a specific place

business card - states the business name & the service you or the business offers, usually includes contact information

union card - the card holder is part of a union

hope that helps
smiles.gif

TIERAsta

I think I can elaborate a little...

COMP CARD
It's sort of like a cross between a business card & a miniature version of a portfolio. It should include most if not all the basic info as stated on a business card, but should also include several photos of your work. Think one of those composite cards/leave behinds/headshots for actors/models.

BUSINESS CARD
Should include your name & position, business name & service(s) offered and basic contact information (mailing/physical address, phone number, fax number, website URL, e-mail address, etc.).

UNION CARD
A card issued by a particular Union that identifies the card holder as a valid and active member of that Union. (Sort of like a company ID).

HTH!

__allie__

sorry amoona- no examples. but actually in my market comp cards are used for artists pretty frequently. it's a good way to show off a variety of looks quickly as a preview to your book that you can leave behind. it's not a bad idea to get a simple comp card printed after you have a variety of looks that you'd be confident sending out.

some artists i know like to show off work among different ethnicities. some like to show that they can do men and/or children and/or bridal. like a business card and a portfolio it's a totally personalized thing but no matter how you put it together it's a pretty good thing to have.

mistella

there's not really a specific set way to do a comp card for makeup artists.. but it's basically made like a model's comp card. one side has 1 picture, a good clean beauty thats the best photo in your portfolio the one that stands out. the other side has 3-5 photos showing some variety - fashion, editorial, etc..

Esess

Ok, I have a question to piggy back on this. I just recently became a freelance MUA for MAC(
yahoo.gif
) and was wondering if they provide business cards. Or if I can get some made with this title and use it to do side work?

SunshineOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esess
Ok, I have a question to piggy back on this. I just recently became a freelance MUA for MAC(
yahoo.gif
) and was wondering if they provide business cards. Or if I can get some made with this title and use it to do side work?

I currently Freelance for a few cosmetics companies including MAC. None of them have provided business cards for the freelancers. However, the beauty of freelancing, is that you are a free agent. Just have some of your own printed and bring them with you when you freelance. This way if a customer likes your work and can offer it to them.

HTH

Latest posts