conceal or deny?

pugmommy7

When you have a breaout do you use cover up or apply as usual.
for year i owuld have said cover up, but i have never been happy with the crusty result. so in my old age(and apparent adult acne grrrrr) I have decided to just act as if they are not there at all and apply as usual. After all I am not fooling anybody with the extra concealer. any thoughts?

dreamqueen

Well, I don't get breakouts, however, I always used to feel that since I am getting older I needed to use concealer under my eyes. I now realize that my eyes actually look better w/out the concealer. I agree that it doesn't fool anyone.

jessiekins1

i conceal the aftermath but leave the new ones gunk-free.
lmao.gif

queenofdisaster

i use concealer, unless theyre really bad breakouts... i feel that just makes them worse.. i use concealer more as a highlighter than anything, i usually don't have breakouts too often but i still LOOVE my studiolights from the icon collection.. i just got it and don't know how i was living without it! LOL!

Jaim

I just do whatever I usually do. It's not like other people don't get zits!

divaster

Me too, I just put my makeup on as normal. Maybe my concealing skills are lacking, but when I've tried I've only ever managed to draw more attention to it. lol

glittergoddess27

Hmm for me it kinda depends,.. if it is a really noticeable bump I will take my tiniest eyeliner brush and apply concealer on it. I use the tinitest brush because I want the concealer to only be applied to the discolored area or it will still stand out as much,...or sometimes I just apply concealer to the "shadow" area or underneath. If it is a sore or has anything going on with it then I leave it.

Sanne

I'm growing a 3rd eye next to my lip righ tnow, and I kinda wanna make it brown with an eyepencil, and pretent it's a beautimark.... there's no way I can conceal the little gnome anyway
lol.gif

sigwing

The best thing I've ever used to try to conceal a zit, and it's NEVER gunky, just dab it with a sponge pad applicator with a creme powder. I think it's the Superpowder by Clinique that I liked because it's the dry kind, and CoverGirl even makes one I like, too, but the clinique was never-fail. I'd maybe even try a very slightly dampened sponge touched on Studio Fix and then just touched on the zit. But don't add any more that it would build up!

Also, at night, try putting some Neosporin cream dotted on it because it's a bacteria-killer and helps healing. I've had them disappear like almost overnight when I help them heal & go away with this stuff.

BlahWah

So far I haven't had any problems with the concealer turning crusty on me, so I use it just to even out the colouring of my face overall, esp. since I've got at least 2 red suckers going on at the same time for the last 3 months, but popping up in different places. I've let them air out for a bit before, but they haven't disappeared or healed any faster. I'm thinking of trying the Neosporin idea sigwing gave above. FYI, I use Select Moisturecover.

Lady_MAC

I only use select cover-up if I have a really red pimple, and I'm going somewhere special. The way I see it, applying heavy makeup to a break-out is only going to prolong the misery.

lara

If I really, really need to hide it, I break out some full coverage and colour correct it. Apart from that I really can't be bothered - unless you have a full face of red, inflamed cystic acne, no one notices a couple of spots.

sigwing

Here's another tip that I used to do, go get some Vitamin A capsules and take one a day for a while. Even when I'm not broken out, I swear I've seen a glow & better skin texture when I'd take them. Just be careful to not OD with them, tho, just take them for a while. I think that works better than the method of breaking them open & squirting them on.