Concealer Dilemma

sja103

So I just got the studio finish concealer, and I really like the coverage!

Under my eyes I have a fine line, and the concealer kinda gathers in the line, wrinkle? I dont know I'm only 17 ha. But anyways is there any way to prevent this?

I put it on leave the house get to school and its clumped or gathered in the line. I'm not sure what to do.

MzzRach

Have you tried using a tiny bit of loose setting powder to set your concealer? I find that setting concealer with powder (again, a tiny amount) really aids in preventing creasing. Especially around the eye area.

sja103

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Have you tried using a tiny bit of loose setting powder to set your concealer? I find that setting concealer with powder (again, a tiny amount) really aids in preventing creasing. Especially around the eye area.

I usually just go over it with some msf but I dont really focus on it. I'll try putting some under my eyes. Thanks for the tip.

MissMochaXOXO

maybe ur undereyes need more moisture? get a good nighttime undereye cream(u dont have to be over 30 to use one!)and apply it everynight b4 bed! it should keep ur undereyes nice and smooth and help ur concealer go on better or maybe u are putting on too much concealer so its clumping? maybe try a lighter application and then ur msf.

Dreamergirl3

Have you tried putting on the concealer in thin, sheer layers? It's possible that you may be using more than you need.

lainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
Have you tried putting on the concealer in thin, sheer layers? It's possible that you may be using more than you need.

this is what our trainer told us when using a thicker concealer. also, using a fluffy brush to apply it rather than a flat brush (or your finger) will give a more even coverage.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainz
this is what our trainer told us when using a thicker concealer. also, using a fluffy brush to apply it rather than a flat brush (or your finger) will give a more even coverage.

SO TRUE! Using a fluffy brush really makes a difference! I just bought a Ben Nye concealer wheel and had the hardest time making it look good with my fingers or synthetic brush. Then I used a fluffy one and was very surprised at how much better it looked!

iluvmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
SO TRUE! Using a fluffy brush really makes a difference! I just bought a Ben Nye concealer wheel and had the hardest time making it look good with my fingers or synthetic brush. Then I used a fluffy one and was very surprised at how much better it looked!

I absolutely agree!! Studio Finish Concealer is too thick for the undereye area. I find Select Moisturecover much better for this purpose. Also, try the 217 brush to apply it: it really makes the difference!

Septemba

What is the technique when using a fluffy brush? I'd be interested to try it... the 217 is on its way to me right now!

lainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
What is the technique when using a fluffy brush? I'd be interested to try it... the 217 is on its way to me right now!

lightly buff it in place