Concealer Suggestion

Copperhead

Copperhead strikes again (pun intended lol)! I finally grabbed some of the LA Girl concealers from cherry culture. I hope they work as well for me as they did for others in this thread.
lol.gif

Which shades did you get sagehen? I see so many MUA's on instagram and bloggers raving about them.

Gorgeous40

You're welcome Gorgeous40. I figured for the price I'd get a couple without breaking the bank and if I liked it, great, if not, no sweat. Let us know if you try them.
I def will! I am looking on eBay now for the seller you mentioned. I am NC50-ish in the summer and NC45-ish in the winter, so I have no idea where to start with colors. Being able to buy 3 at a time is a bonus.

Copperhead

I def will! I am looking on eBay now for the seller you mentioned. I am NC50-ish in the summer and NC45-ish in the winter, so I have no idea where to start with colors. Being able to buy 3 at a time is a bonus.
That's about my shade as well. I guess it all depends on what you'd like the concealers for. I use either Chestnut or Toast on these dark spots on my face but as an under eye highlight I use either Fawn or Toffee. I wear MAC's NC50 in foundation but I bought the NC45 in Pro Longwear Concealer and Fawn is a good match for NC45 in the concealer.

Gorgeous40

That's about my shade as well. I guess it all depends on what you'd like the concealers for. I use either Chestnut or Toast on these dark spots on my face but as an under eye highlight I use either Fawn or Toffee. I wear MAC's NC50 in foundation but I bought the NC45 in Pro Longwear Concealer and Fawn is a good match for NC45 in the concealer.
OK, that's a good start!! Thanks!!!

Gorgeous40

OMG @Copperhead these concealers are AMAZING!!! I ordered Fawn, Toast and Expresso. My daughter ran off to try Toast already so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Fawn is absolutely PERFECT for my under eye, which I use NC45 for now. Expresso seems to have more red in it than I need, even though LA Girl said on their Facebook page that it is the closest match to NC50 which I use now. These concealers dry quickly though so I had to work fast putting them in place. But definitely worth the money ($9.95 plus free super fast shipping WOOT WOOT!).

Copperhead

OMG @Copperhead these concealers are AMAZING!!! I ordered Fawn, Toast and Expresso. My daughter ran off to try Toast already so I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Fawn is absolutely PERFECT for my under eye, which I use NC45 for now. Expresso seems to have more red in it than I need, even though LA Girl said on their Facebook page that it is the closest match to NC50 which I use now. These concealers dry quickly though so I had to work fast putting them in place. But definitely worth the money ($9.95 plus free super fast shipping WOOT WOOT!).
Yayy! I'm glad you like them. I think I did forget to mention they dry rather quickly. I usually wear NC50 as well and I'd say either Toast or Chestnut would be the closest to NC50. I wear MAC's Pro Longwear concealer in NC45 as an under eye concealer and I have found Fawn to be the closest to that. I can't believe how well they work for the price.

I just watched Youtuber's ulovemegz recent video on them...

0.jpg

couturesista

I guess I'm a little late with my advice, Lol. The LA Girl concealers are really good but if your goal is to correct, I would suggest trying an orange corrector and then conceal. The Orange will cancel out the darkness of the blemish with out looking ashy or grey. The lighter you go with the concealer with out color correcting the likely the chance that you will be highlighting the issue. HTH

couturesista

Remember use a light hand. I saw that video and it has some good tips but i'm not a fan of the lipstick method because lipstick can be very emollient based and can cause creasing when used around the eye area and sometimes you get more moisterizer than color from the lipstick.

MissTT

I have the MAC Orange corrector and I feel like I can never get it blended down. I also got the Ben Nye Burnt Orange corrector and it's too dark for me. It would be better suited for someone around NC50 in my opinion. I wish I had someone to give it to.

So I just watched the video Copperhead posted about the LA Girl concealer. I'd like to find my shades. NC45 concealer is too dark under my eyes, but could possibly work on blemishes. I'd like to get a shade to match my skin (about NC44.5) and something to highlight with so a shade or two lighter. Any experts that can weigh in on shade possibilities?

sagehen

I have the MAC Orange corrector and I feel like I can never get it blended down. I also got the Ben Nye Burnt Orange corrector and it's too dark for me. It would be better suited for someone around NC50 in my opinion. I wish I had someone to give it to. So I just watched the video Copperhead posted about the LA Girl concealer. I'd like to find my shades. NC45 concealer is too dark under my eyes, but could possibly work on blemishes. I'd like to get a shade to match my skin (about NC44.5) and something to highlight with so a shade or two lighter. Any experts that can weigh in on shade possibilities?
@ the bolded - you do. I know how to sanitize. That is all.

Gorgeous40

Couturesista, thanks for the tip on using orange to correct before concealing! I have to start sampling some stuff. I noticed that there are ranges of orange available. I have to admit the bright orangey- orange was a little intimidating when I saw it. I liked a color called deep bisque, but wasn't sure if it would do the job. Hopefully I find a good one soon.