Confused!!

bellaconnie80

Hello ladies, I went to my CCO yesterday and I got six new brushes including the 136 and the 150.. ofcourse I just had to see them and love on them one more time before I drove off lol and I noticed that the 136 says France at the end of the handle and the 150 says Japan at the end of its handle... I was like WTF. I ran back to the store and the girl said its no big deal that they get their products straight from the company and that maybe mine were the first of its kind or something.. I asked to see the others she had and they were all like mine.. I took my brushes and my doubts home and now I need your help ladies.. whats going on? is this normal? is it possible to get a fake at a cco? this is the cco in San Marcos Tx btw.

capmorlovesmac

The brushes should be authentic. Some brushes are made in France and some are made in Japan. Also some brushes are made in China like the 181.

Odette

Just to add to the above, the ferrule on the ones made in Japan are more tightly pinched than the ones from France. The handles are also different in colour, the French ones have a grayish cast to them while the Japanese ones are black. HTH.

gildedangel

It is completely normal to have brushes from more than one country since MAC has brushes made in several countries. Any slight differences can probably be attributed to the fact that they are handmade. Estee Lauder owns CCO's so all of the stuff that goes there was directly from a MAC.
smiles.gif

Makeup Emporium

The MAC brushes are made in France, Japan, USA and China. So it depends on the style as to where it was made. There are also some styles that came from 2 different countries as they were repromoted and the manufacturing country changed; the 169 for example was made in China and Japan.

You will not get fake MAC at a CCO; their stock comes right from Estee Lauder (who own MAC). The CCO's are the clearance stores for all the Estee Lauder brands.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette
Just to add to the above, the ferrule on the ones made in Japan are more tightly pinched than the ones from France. The handles are also different in colour, the French ones have a grayish cast to them while the Japanese ones are black. HTH.

Ditto! I have several French made brushes and several Japanese brushes and the ferrules on them are quite different to each other and this is normal.

All the SE brushes are made in China as well
smiles.gif