Consistent flyaways or frizz ... need solution!

Vegan Feline

I just joined Specktra today!
th_DANCE.gif

For most of my life I've had some problems with flyaways, some mild frizzy ringlets on the ends and static-y hair. It doesn't go away no matter what shampoos and conditioners I use! I can't brush or comb my hair when it's dry or it will get worse. I also can't blow dry my hair on cool, warm or hot settings (except for my bangs) without my hair getting worse. I would like recommendations for any hair care products that could resolve or help control this issue. Products that help create volume would be a plus! I'm using Keristase Resistance Vita-Ciment Topseal rinse-out as a conditioner.

More about my hair:
My hair is medium thickness
Really wavy (but not curly)
Really limp usually
Long
My scalp has a tendency to get oily, but my ends are normal
My hair color is a natural, dark auburn

Thanks in advance!

-Kaela =^. .^=

kdemers1221

I read somewhere that fly aways on top of your head are actually new hair growth and because they're so short its difficult for them to lay flat. i have yet to find something that tames my frizz. i have naturally curly hair that i straighten because my curls are so unruly.

lyttleravyn

I have the *exact* same problem, and your hair/scalp sounds very similar to mine. I have very wavy (not curly), slightly oily scalp, dark brown hair. I have yet to find a specific product that helps with the stupid curl-frizz things. Although I do have a little success if I straighten my hair, that seems to help A LOT for a while.

Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion!
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

I really like Nexxus's Sleektress line and the a very light(pea sized) amount of Paul mitchell super skinny serum on the ends of your hair once it's dry. It still works when its damp/ towel dried too, if you are in a hurry.

MACLovin

I find that a lot of frizz can be avoided by the way you dry your hair after a shower. You should never rough your hair up with the towel when drying it. Be very gentle and squeeze rather than rub.. preferably with a microfiber towel. It also helps to sleep on a satin pillowcase because it doesnt snag the hair and rough up the cuticle as much as cotton ones do.

CHI Silk Infusion is a good serum to use. It helps a lot with the frizzies.

HTH!
smiles.gif