Contour color in mineralized skinfinish

ladyJ

I went to MAC today and got the mineralized skinfinish natural in dark. The makeup artist said that it would look best for a contour on my skin. I bought it and now I am having second thoughts. I think it may be too dark/orangey for me. I am NC37 in mineralized satinfinish foundation. What do you think? I was thinking maybe I should have got Medium Dark or Medium Deep. Please help! Thanks in advance!!!

ladyJ

Yeah I've tried it. It looked fine when I was at MAC but when I came home it looked to orange. I think I will try it again tomorrow and see how it goes.

ExquizitDiva

I'm NC45 and use that to contour. Looks just fine on me but I was thinking I need something just a liiiiiiittle darker so you're NC37 I think that color should be perfect for you. Have you tried any of the sculpt & shape powders yet?

gigiopolis

Hmm. It sounds to me like the Dark shade would work for you (in terms of darkness anyway), but if you're thinking it's too orange, maybe the MSFn aren't the right product for you to begin with. Like ExquizitDiva said, have you tried any sculpt/shape duos?

ladyJ

I haven't tried the sculpt and shape duos. I've seen them at my local CCO though. Which shade should I get? I know nothing about the sculpt and shape duos.

ladyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquizitDiva
You could also use a blush to contour...like blunt, format, or sweet as cocoa

Do you think blunt would look good on my skin? I noticed that you use MSFN in medium deep. I was thinking I should exchange Dark for that one.

ExquizitDiva

Yes I think you could use format. Start out with a light application. I prefer to use something matte when contouring. I have watched a bunch of YT vids of contouring. Many I have seen use a foundation that's like 2-3 shades darker than the skin tone then just blend blend blend. I may get adventurous and try that one day.
smiles.gif
My contour would be NC55.

ladyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquizitDiva
Yes I think you could use format. Start out with a light application. I prefer to use something matte when contouring. I have watched a bunch of YT vids of contouring. Many I have seen use a foundation that's like 2-3 shades darker than the skin tone then just blend blend blend. I may get adventurous and try that one day.
smiles.gif
My contour would be NC55.

Thanks! Format is a Frost. Is it real shimmery? Have your tried any of the shape and sculpt duos? I think I'll try the foundation shade. Thanks again. You are very helpful!

MissMochaXOXO

i use blunt since its matte. i find most darker bronzers can get orange in certain light too! physicians formula's are the wosrt on me, they look so orange in some light!