Cool Black Matte Polish

Ernie

Flattelining
Flatte Black Nail Polish
keep it matte!

Who says black is the new black?

product-large-flatte.png

home-left.jpg

All manicured fingers point to Mike Potter, an NYC makeup artist who spent years putting ebony nail polish on big stars (Karen O.) and big screens (Hedwig and the Angry Inch).

When he couldn’t find a truly matte version without any gleam or gloss, Potter created Knock Out cosmetics. His addictive Flatte Black nail paint is shiny when wet but dries sans shimmer with one coat. (Imagine the look of fresh charcoal.)

Find the chip-resistant lacquer (which also comes in lusterless white and, soon, Calamine) in the Chrysler Building of polish bottles — a tall, slender brush in a frosted art nouveau glass.

It’s powerful, elegant, iconic.

And easy to take a shine to.

Available at Miomia, 318 Bedford Avenue, between South 1st and 2nd Streets, Williamsburg (718-388-0149 or shopmiomia.com); Henri Bendel, 712 Fifth Avenue, at 56th Street (212-247-1100). To see styles, go to koknockout.com.

MzEmo

This seems amazing but $22 a bottle is way too much for me. I'd stick to glossy nails over matte anyday.

darkishstar

Isn't there a nail polish called ManGlaze or something that does the exact same thing? But is like.. $6 instead? It has a matte black and a matte gray.

blazeno.8

I was wondering if you could just put a base coat on top of a black nailpolish and get the same effect (most of the base coats that I've found give a matte look).

lara

Or use a matte top coat. There are a few out there that vary from completely matte to satin buff.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Isn't there a nail polish called ManGlaze or something that does the exact same thing? But is like.. $6 instead? It has a matte black and a matte gray.

Yep Manglaze makes matte polishes.
smiles.gif

AlliSwan

I wannnnnt....I've tried Man Glaze but don't love the formula and it's hard to find. I've also tried matte topcoats but they're more like satin topcoats. Might look into this because that pic is GORGEOUS.

dangerousmuffins

this black looks totally different than the manglaze black. the manglaze black isn't a pure black, it has slight glitter/shimmer to it.
I bought these 2 polishes - love matte polish. i am hoping this KO black is a pure matte black - no glitter, no shimmer. *crosses fingers*

lara

I just bought two Manglaze polishes on the strength of their international shipping being so cheap. Damnit! So much for being on a no-buy
lol.gif

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousmuffins
this black looks totally different than the manglaze black. the manglaze black isn't a pure black, it has slight glitter/shimmer to it.
I bought these 2 polishes - love matte polish. i am hoping this KO black is a pure matte black - no glitter, no shimmer. *crosses fingers*

I want to order them too now!
Please update when you try them, and post pics!!!! I'm tempted.

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
I want to order them too now!
Please update when you try them, and post pics!!!! I'm tempted.

I will and I will do some comparison swatches with the manglaze too.

BEA2LS

I think it looks awesome, it is out of my price range right now but it interests me more than a lot of the chanel polishes i have seen.

jennifer.

wow, i was totally intrigued by this nail polish. i decided to go out on a wild goose chase to see if i could find a matte top coat and i found orly satin seal matte topcoat and bought plain black polish and it looks exactly the same. $22 is sort of an unjustifiable purchase for me.