Cool Black Matte Polish

BEA2LS

the price doesn't get to me that much, though i could not afford it right now per say. (same with chanel, though this interests me more for some reason..) nail polish lasts literally forever so it's not like spending $25 or so on a foundation that has an expiration date.

jennifer.

i know this should technically go in the swatches thread but because it's a combo of colors i thought i'd put them on here instead. just for reference. i know in my earlier post i said that a matte topcoat produced the same effect and i was semi wrong in that aspect because in these pics there's still a little bit of glare.

under no light though, it looks like a flat matte black color on my nails. either way, and this is just my opinion--it's good enough for me to justify not having to spend $22 bucks on a single bottle of nail polish. so with that said, this alternative cost me under $5.

these are taken with no flash under 2 different lamps in my apt. sorry for the shitty application too--i did this in a rush.

also thanks to dangerousmuffins for the swatches, the KO ones DO look super cool!

np1.jpg

np2.jpg

np3.jpg

BEA2LS

thanks for both swatches! i have a milani black that is actually pretty matte (i prefer glossy nails, to be honest) so that would also work with a matte top coat. that said i am still in love with this nail polish! it really looks like coal, it's so awesome!

GreekChick

I ordered this polish on January 30th and I still have yet to hear anything from the company. No shipping confirmation, nothing.

Ugh..ship my polish, please.
I want to swatch it for you guys.

Ms_Slick

I just ordered an OPI flat black, Back Onyx from eBay. I'll be sure to swatch it when I receive it!

aziajs

Quote:
Style.com: the online home of Vogue; Fashion, Fashion Shows, Shopping & More

In addition to getting an opportunity to watch some of the best makeup artists in the world play with a selection of as-yet-unreleased cosmetics this week, we got word of a few new launches that we think you might find very interesting. MAC Cosmetics has big plans for black; it will release a still unnamed collection of black lip glosses, lipsticks, eye shadows, and greasepaint sticks later this year, all of which are as versatile as they are straightforward. Cases in point: Polly Osmond used the black lipstick from the new line to create maybe the best gray lip of the week at Tuleh; Charlotte Tilbury applied the new gold-flecked black gloss to eyes for a wet shimmer at Donna Karan; and Tom Pecheux combined the metallic black Mineralize Eye Shadow with shades of blue and gray for a more complex smoky eye at Badgley Mischka. We were even more intrigued by a tip we got backstage at Doo.Ri, where manicurist and nail polish creative genius Jin Soon was applying a shade of rich hunter green to models’ fingers: Soon is reportedly partnering with MAC to launch a line of matte nail polishes due out in September. (Like we’ve said before, matte nail polish: huge for fall.) You heard it here first.

macresuebeauty.jpg

dirtball

i've never seen a matte top coat before, do they exist? if so, what are your favorites? and are they really 100% matte. i'll shell out the money for the KO polish but not if i cant wear a top coat with it

broken_soul

OPI and Zoya are both coming out with matte collections soon.
Zoya comes out July 1 and OPI in August sometime.

ShockBunnie

that nail polish is AMAZiNG! I think I'll wait it out a bit to see if that MAC rumor comes to fruition before shelling out the 22 clams though :\

Dahlia_Rayn

Nubar makes a matte top coat, called V for Men, so does Essie, also marketed towards men. The Essie one has a bit more shine then Nubar's I think. You can get Nubar polishes at bynubar.com. The matte top coat will turn any of your current nail polishes matte, just so you know!