Coral for the coral shy?

inbigtrouble

I recently have decided that I want to experiment with a soft coral color for my lips. I normally wear fairly neutral or dark red lipsticks (MAC Twig or O, Fresh Rouge de Monde, Deluxe Beauty Rowan, Lancome Sexy Plum), but for some reason I am convinced that I can't pull off coral. I think it might brighten up my face a bit if I can find the right shade.

I am a NC15, for what it's worth. Here is a pic of my coloring (duh- I don't have a more current one taken from the front; my eyes are dark brown):
assorted038.jpg

mspixieears

How about some of the more coral lustreglasses? They should ease you into coral, as lipglasses like Lychee Luxe might be too much at first. Plus, lustreglasses are clearer than the lipglasses if I recall correctly.

I love Tartlette for this reason, but that was LE. You might like to try Of Corset l/g released with Lingerie, that'd be nice on paler skin.

miz_becki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
I would go for Wonderstruck Lustreglass!!

Just curious what sort of colour is coral? im dumb

litlaur

lipgelees or tinted lip conditioners would be a good way to work your way up to a new color. I don't have it, but Glosspitality lipgelee is described as "coral-peach". Gentle Coral or Cleo's Coral Kiss TLCs.

maandusa

Jest lipstick (it's a Lustre, so it's relatively sheer) or Lychee Luxe lipglass! i ADORE both of these!

inbigtrouble

I did it!

I took some suggestions from this thread and bought See Sheer and Lychee Luxe yesterday. OMG, I am in love! I never thought I could wear those colors. However, I have found that they really light up my face like no other colors I have tried before. I mean, it's crazy how flattering they are on me- I was totally convinced I'd look awful in them. If I am not too lazy later, I'll post a picture or two.

This makes me wonder what else I have missed out on that I thought would never work on me... Thanks for the awesome advice! 8)

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbigtrouble
I did it!

I took some suggestions from this thread and bought See Sheer and Lychee Luxe yesterday. OMG, I am in love! I never thought I could wear those colors. However, I have found that they really light up my face like no other colors I have tried before. I mean, it's crazy how flattering they are on me- I was totally convinced I'd look awful in them. If I am not too lazy later, I'll post a picture or two.

This makes me wonder what else I have missed out on that I thought would never work on me... Thanks for the awesome advice! 8)

Good choices! I know what you mean by the "i thougth it would look horrible on me" statement.. that happens so much to me.