Cosmetic Travel Must-Haves!

saizine

What are your cosmetic must-haves for travel?

I warn you... I pack lightly in every other respect than makeup, lol! As far as my travel make-up essentials, I rely on Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, NARS Sheer Glow, Barbara Daly Concealer, Topshop Creme Blush, Dior Amber Diamond, eyeshadow palettes (for my closest travel plans, I've chosen MAC Play It Cool, MAC Reelers and Rockers, Bobbi Brown Nude Palette, and NARS Essential Eyes palette), and Benefit with Rosebud Salve. My brushes are mainly the 138, 116, 239, 217, 227.

What about you?
whistle.gif

Also, what are your suggestions for travelling with cosmetics? I generally decant the Sheer Glow, my cleanser and moisturizer into smaller tubs.

anita22

Great thread - I love cosmetics and travelling so naturally this is one of my favourite topics
love.gif

My go-to products for travelling are:
- Stila oil-free SPF30 tinted moisturiser
- Chanel Mat Lumiere powder foundation
- Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick - this is like a mini stick foundation/concealer that's great for on the go
- MAC brow pencil in Stud
- MAC Brow Finisher in clear - this comes in a stick sort of like eyeliner, I prefer it to taking brow gel since it can't leak!
- Mini Urban Decay primer potion
- Benefit Creaseless Cream eyeshadow in RSVP (light pink shimmer) - I love this for a quick & easy daytime eye that lasts through any weather!
- Clinique Quick Eyes eyeliner - doesn't need a sharpener, enough said
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink - can be used on cheeks or lips, & is my perfect colour for almost any occasion
- 1 pink and 1 peach powder blush (usually MAC Dainty, Dame, or Margin)
- The Balm Bahama Mama bronzer - is a great size for travel
- Mini lip glosses - usually the ones from the MAC or Stila holiday sets

I adore palettes and will always take a couple - my favourites at the moment are:
- Chanel Voyage palette - I bought this last month in duty free, it has 4 eyeshadows, 4 lippies, a blush and a mini mascara
- MAC Beauties Play it Cool (2010) and Smoke & Mirrors (2009) palettes
- Urban Decay Naked palette
- Bobbi Brown Beauty Rules palette

For skincare, I decant my regular skincare products into small plastic bottles, and also usually keep my eye out for travel sizes (I have some sets from Lancome & the Body Shop I'm using currently). I tend not to decant my makeup (e.g. foundation) because I tend to forget about it when I get home from my trip and not use up what's left!

For brushes, I have a few MAC mini brush sets I normally use, though I will be getting a Bobbi Brown mini brush set for Xmas :-D

Next week I'll be travelling to Germany & then to the south of France for my holidays, so all the above will pretty much be what I take with me!

slick

I get really excited when I need to pack my makeup for traveling.....I even have a small train case devoted to my travel items! *is a dork lol*

- Small 5 or 10g jars are a must, as I decant skin care, liquid foundation, and my Fix+ (into a teeny 15ml spray bottle).
- I love samples and mini sized things, and when travelling I will use minis for primers, mascara, and lippies if I have them on hand.
- Blush and Eyeshadow palettes are your friend! I will bring 1 or 2 e/s palettes (Naked, Ammo, or MAC Quads) and I have a few Smashbox blush trios. I've also started taking my TF Leopard Love Palette travelling, love that little thing!
- If I am flying or have a really short trip (a night or two), I'll bring my MAC SE Brushes. Otherwise I do like to have my full sized brushes.
- Pencils for eyeliner and brow!

And last but not least, you need a good little train case! Thats the fun part IMO, haha. I fit everything into my little soft traincase, which is about 12x6x3. It has brush holders too, I got it from Target! :) Looks kinda like this:

saizine

It's nice to know that I'm not alone when it comes to enjoying packing (or, more realistically, planning to pack) the cosmetics section of my luggage! I did forget to mention that I use a cosmetics bag that is actually geared towards men: a canvas and leather dopp kit (emptied and reassigned to hold makeup). I used pack my cosmetics and other toiletries in the same bag (an Eagle Creek Wallaby Bag) but I've got to a point where the small pocket I used to use just wasn't enough anymore!