Counterfeit Brush!

l1onqueen

Ok....so I purchased a 226 brush from my regular Mac counter @ Macy's. I swear its not real. I have compared to all of my other brushes and ever photo of a 226 online and its not real. I want to return it, but have lost the receipt. More importantly I want to let MAC and/or Macy's know. I just have so many questions: Did my MA know it was fake? how could this happen? I am upset and feel taken advantage of.

In comparison to my other MAC brushes, the handle is thick and more of a gray color than black. There are no "grooves on the silver part near the brush head. Near the end of the handle its says "France" All of my regular brushes have Japan on the end except the short handled ones or the holiday brush kits which all say "China"

What should I do?

LMD84

maybe you could ask them and see if they would return it out of goodwill? however i don't think that an actual mac counter would be selling fake brushes. perhaps it's colour is different and such because it's slightly defect? and not all brushes are made in china, i have some that say japan and france on them.

l1onqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
maybe you could ask them and see if they would return it out of goodwill? however i don't think that an actual mac counter would be selling fake brushes. perhaps it's colour is different and such because it's slightly defect? and not all brushes are made in china, i have some that say japan and france on them.

I also dont want to return it because, I just hate returning things. Call it a complex I guess. This is the first brush that I've ever gotten that was made in France, maybe I'm just paranoid. *sighs*
th_confused_new.gif

LMD84

yes i have a fair few that were made in france (all bought from a mac store, mac online or at a cco) can you post a picture of your brush up for is if you are worried? i could compare it to my one (hubby got it for me a couple of weeks ago)

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1onqueen
In comparison to my other MAC brushes, the handle is thick and more of a gray color than black. There are no "grooves on the silver part near the brush head. Near the end of the handle its says "France" All of my regular brushes have Japan on the end except the short handled ones or the holiday brush kits which all say "China"

What should I do?

MAC has their brushes made in Japan, France, USA and China. The fact that it says France does not make it a fake; many of their brushes are made in France (like the 224, 225, 249, 263, 266 etc.). If you are comparing it to your other brushes that are made in Japan and China that may be the difference. There are going to be slight variations between brushes made in different countries.

I highly doubt that Macy's would be selling fake MAC as they are a registered distributor.

SassyMochaJess

Yea all my eye brushes have made in France. And the 226 handle is thicker than my 239 and 217. Also, it wouldn't make sense for MAC to be selling a fake brush.

BeautyizPain

yeah its not a fake Hun...the brushes in France and China look totally different...you have nothing to worry about its not a fake..and your certainly not gonna get a fake from a MAC store
smiles.gif

User38

I agree that MAC or MAcy's would not sell a fake. If there is something about the brush that displeases you (other than the notion that it is fake) ask for an Exchange, not a return. A return would be more difficult since you have no receipt. An exchange for the same but different item might be more functional.

disconlemonade

It's not a fake! My 226, 266 and 224 also have slight grayish black handles and the grooves on the silver part of the handle are not protruded like the 217 or 239 but there are two lines that go around the brush. And yes, all three are made in France.

l1onqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconlemonade
It's not a fake! My 226, 266 and 224 also have slight grayish black handles and the grooves on the silver part of the handle are not protruded like the 217 or 239 but there are two lines that go around the brush. And yes, all three are made in France.

Ok! Thanks, call me paranoid I guess.