Counterfeit Smashbox

Opalmoon

I think there should counterfeit discussion & warning thread under Smashbox forum too.

I have posted about fake Smasbox earlier on general fake / ebay discission

http://specktra.net/f257/fake-smashb...7/#post1009612

So here is at least some names of sellers that sell fakes:

123jannat, kalenza, judy6926, kalawatrd, uptheblues181167, tiffytrading, onceushopucantstop
nonono.gif
thmbdn.gif

6 x SMASHBOX Twist up cream Eyeshadow 6 shades new lot - eBay (item 220261601276 end time Jul-28-08 11:34:09 PDT)

f063_1.JPG

JOB LOT SMASHBOX EYELINER EYE PENCILS LINER IN PEWTER - eBay (item 370072573275 end time Aug-03-08 09:01:32 PDT)

9de7_1.JPG

24 smashbox lip gloss in 8 color lipglosses/juicy tubes on eBay, also, Health Beauty, Wholesale Job Lots (end time 28-Jul-08 20:41:06 BST)

w9yzcj.jpg

SmashBox Lipgloss 6 colours Shiny Lip Gloss x 2 BN on eBay, also, Lip Gloss, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 29-Jul-08 20:39:51 BST)

c093_1.JPG

Smashbox Long Lasting Foundation (01) SPF15 & Lipgloss on eBay, also, Foundation, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 30-Jul-08 16:08:08 BST)

6444_1.JPG

I don't understand why they are counterfeiting Smashbox??? It's got great items but isn't that hyped up and real items can be gotten fairly cheaply anyways.

sn0wbunnie

Also, Smashbox is now being sold in drugstores in Canada, which I feel lowers the brand image and desirability of the brand. If you can get it at a pharmacy, why bother faking it??

PolyphonicLove

Wow. Those are some HORRIBLE fakes. And right now, Pixi, Jemma Kidd, and Napoleon are being sold at Target...I never cared for NP anyways, but that's besides the point...

It does kinda lower the desire for a brand if its widely available, but as long as the quality doesn't change, then I won't complain.

Shaquille

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0wbunnie
Also, Smashbox is now being sold in drugstores in Canada, which I feel lowers the brand image and desirability of the brand. If you can get it at a pharmacy, why bother faking it??

they are sold not as a drugstore brand, the price is still the same as in Sephora, they're non-DS prices.
I think, the only DS that sells it is Shoppers Drug Mart which is kind of a 'rich' drugstores compared to London Drugs and Rexall.
Shoppers Drug Mart also sells expensive brands like the branded perfumes, Lise Watier, as well as selling their own make up line called Quo.

mustardgirl

Hey thanks for this thread - I was about to start a thread asking if fake Smashbox is rampant or not on ebay. That being said, those are really hideous/obvious fakes but I was wondering about the eyeshadow trios - those interest me the most at the moment but I wasn't sure if there are lot of fakes on ebay of them or not. If anyone can let me know I'd appreciate it =)

chamichams

Wow off the bat you know its fake. Unless you are totally not familiar how Smashbox packaging looks like. Anyway, I only buy Smashbox on Ebay from a trusted seller. Her seller name is smashlolo. She only sells Smashbox and has an impressive 100% feedback from tons of buyers.

Opalmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardgirl
Hey thanks for this thread - I was about to start a thread asking if fake Smashbox is rampant or not on ebay. That being said, those are really hideous/obvious fakes but I was wondering about the eyeshadow trios - those interest me the most at the moment but I wasn't sure if there are lot of fakes on ebay of them or not. If anyone can let me know I'd appreciate it =)

You can get real Smashbox trios cheaply from Ebay, so price doesn't indicate fake, a lot of people buy sets and break them up. Many times those shades from sets aren't regular shades and sometimes the sets are exclusive for QVC, so you cannot check them on smashbox.com or sephora online. Put otherwise real Smasbox is easy to spot, the packacing is fairly constant and simple.

I think the sets are brilliant value so you might want to start with one of those.

Lucia1979

Hi everone,
We're not counterfeiting Smashbox.We got our smashbox product from Asia Factory.And the factory also gave us their official paper for their brand "smashbox" This is really a coincidence that their smashbox is the same name as "smashbox" of US. So I think their "smashbox" product are not counterfeit but just another brand.Many thanks,
kind regards,
Lucia,kalawatrd

katie2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalenza
Hi All,

Yes, I did sell these smashbox eyeliners but I purchased these in good faith from the seller kalawatrd
s.gif
who assured me that these items are 100% genuine.

I stopped selling these as i was unsure (having only been selling cosmetics for less than a year) reading through forums etc as to their authenticity and am still reserving judgement at this time as I am unable to verify by Smashbox who tell me that as i am not a registered outlet they cannot advise!

I have gone back again to kalawatrd
s.gif
for a letter of auhenticity and will post her response on here once received.

Kind regards, Kalenza

progress.gif

LIES! SHE ONLY SAID SHE STOPPED WHEN I COUGHT HER OUT SELLING THEM! I THREATENED TO REPORT HER TO EBAY!
SINCE I MADE A REPORT SHE HAS GIVEN ME NON STOP HARASSMENT, TRYING TO RUIN MY EBAY REP GIVNING ME ABUSIVE EMAILS ETC NOW SHE HAS REPORTED ME FOR NON PAYMENT!

I DID GET A LETTER OF AUTHENTICITY FROM SMASHBOX WHO CONFIRMED THE ITEMS I BOUGHT FROM HER WERE FAKE!

ALSO THE PERSON SHE SAID SHE WAS BUYING FROM WAS A WHOLE SALER WITH A COMPLETLY DIFFERANT NAME!

I TOLD HER THAT SHE WAS ON THIS SITE AS A FAKE SELLER SO THAT IS WHY SHE HAS POSTED ON HERE!

SHE IS STILL SELLING THIS CRAP BUT IS NOT ADVERTISING IT IN THE AUCTION TITLE!

I GOT MY SISTER TO BUY A BUNDLE FROM HER LAST WEEK AND IT HAD THE FAKE 'WHITE+BLACK DOUBLE ENDED EYELINER'

WHICH ALL US SMASHBOX FANS OUT THERE NO ARE FAKE FAKE FAKE!

ALSO SHE SELLS THE MAC EYEBROW PENCILS WHICH I ALSO HAD CHECKED AND WERE FAKE!

THIS EBAYER IS 100% ROTTEN!

SHE WILL SELL YOU FAKE GOOD, THEN HAARASS YOU WHEN YOU QUESTION HER ABOUT IT!

SHE IS MAKING MY LIFE ON EBAY HELL AT THE MOMMENT ALL BECAUSE I CHALENGED HER FOR SELLING ME FAKE GOODS!

BUT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE SENT THE LETTERS TO EBAY FROM THE COMPANIES INVOLVED SHE IS STILL ALLOWED TO SELL THE CRAP!

BEWARE

astronaut

I'm no forensic writing analyst, but to me, kalenza and katie2008 seem to have the same writing patterns.

Coincidence.

kalenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie2008
LIES! SHE ONLY SAID SHE STOPPED WHEN I COUGHT HER OUT SELLING THEM! I THREATENED TO REPORT HER TO EBAY!
SINCE I MADE A REPORT SHE HAS GIVEN ME NON STOP HARASSMENT, TRYING TO RUIN MY EBAY REP GIVNING ME ABUSIVE EMAILS ETC NOW SHE HAS REPORTED ME FOR NON PAYMENT!

*BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

BEWARE

BUYER JENFOYER IS SELLING THE EXACT SAME 'FAKE' GOODS AS LISTED HERE ON THIS SITE:

SEE HER FEEDBACK FOR ITEM NUMBERS:

Item number: 170270853833 & 170270854008

HER ITEMS INCLUDED IN HER LISTING & PHOTO!!!:
Smashbox:
Cream Eye Liner ,Long Lasting Foundation

CHECK OUT HER PHOTOS ON HER LISTING - SHES SELLING THESE FAKES !!

POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK OR WHAT!!!

JUST IN CASE ANYONES WONDERING - CHECK OUT THE USER NAME 'JENFOYER' ON E-BAY

4 DISPUTES NOW WITH 4 DIFFERENT SELLERS - 2 'FAKE ITEMS & 2 NON-RECEIPT OF GOODS' THIS USER IS A DISGRACE TO E-BAY!!!!!!!!!!!

SHES SELLING JOB-LOTS OF COSMETICS & OPENS DISPUTES FOR ITEMS SHE SHOULD BE PAYING FOR - CLEVER - NOT !!!!

kalenza

Re: Counterfeit Smashbox
I'm no forensic writing analyst, but to me, kalenza and katie2008 seem to have the same writing patterns.

Coincidence.
?????

YES! BELIEVE ME - I AM IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO THIS LUNATIC!!!!

kalenza

Quote:
I GOT MY SISTER TO BUY A BUNDLE FROM HER LAST WEEK AND IT HAD THE FAKE 'WHITE+BLACK DOUBLE ENDED EYELINER'

WHICH ALL US SMASHBOX FANS OUT THERE NO ARE FAKE FAKE FAKE!

BEWARE

IN LEGAL TERMS THIS IS KNOWN AS ENTRAPMENT!!!!!

WHY WOULD YOU PURCHASE ITEMS YOU APPARANTLY KNOW ARE FAKE !!!!

NOT THAT YOU HAD TO, YOU COULD HAVE GOT YOUR SISTER 'JENFOYER' TO SELL THEM TO YOU AT A MUCH BETTER RATE!!!!!

kalenza

Quote:
SHE IS STILL SELLING THIS CRAP BUT IS NOT ADVERTISING IT IN THE AUCTION TITLE!

BEWARE

I HAVE NOT SOLD THESE ITEM FOR AGES - SINCE I FIRST HAD DOUBTS

HAD ANY OF YOU PEOPLE ON THIS SITE COME TO ME IN THE FIRST INSTANCE I WOULD HAVE INVESTIGATED IMMEDIATELY

kalenza

Quote:
SHE IS MAKING MY LIFE ON EBAY HELL AT THE MOMMENT ALL BECAUSE I CHALENGED HER FOR SELLING ME FAKE GOODS!

BEWARE

I WAS GOING THROUGH A RELLY TOUGH TIME AND THOUGHT I DONT NEED ALL THESE NASTY MESSAGES AND REFUNDED HER 100% SHE KEPT THE GOODS & STILL LEFT ME A NEG, I FORGAVE IT.

THEN I HAD ANOTHER SELLER COME TO ME ASKING FOR HELP AS SHE HAD TRIED IT ON WITH HER , I CHECKED HER F/B AND THERE WAS A THIRD, THEN 4TH SELLER!!!!

THIS IS HER LATEST E-MAIL TO ME (JUST SO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON THIS IS) WARNING - THIS MESSAGE IS VILE TO SAY THE LEAST!:

are you stupid or something?

you sell fake goods! then when rumble you pretend you dont no, then abuse people! then give them refunds and try and mess with there ebay accounts!

i told you for selling me fake item and being a dick i would report you!

now you try and put an unpaid strike on my account!

you idiot!

paypal show the payment was sent to you!

paypal show the payment was refund by you!

ebay no i have had the items otherwise how the hell did i claim they were fake!

you your self reported me for harresing emails which by the way you admited yourself the item had been paid for in those emails you sent to ebay!

i dont think you actually thought this through did you??

you sent emails to ebay to try and get me into trouble, but didnt realise that they would be your down fall a few weeks later!

go back and check the email you sent to ebay claiming haressment, and you will clearly see you talking about refund the payment i made to you!

fool fool fool!

if your going to try and mess with someones ebay account make sure you no what the hell you are doing!

from what i can see you are a pure idiot!

dont even try it love!

p.s i wouldnt put the items you bought on your face! may just make it a tad worse than it already is {if that is possible}

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

pps! report this email to ebay and see how long it takes them to trace it! ooopps public computers are great!

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut

Coincidence.

My bad, I meant kalenza and Lucia1979, not katie2008.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalenza
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH - YET AGAIN! - THIS PERSON IS CRAZY!!! ANYONE WHO KNOWS MAC PRODUCTS KNOWS THIS IS A GENUINE ITEM

PEOPLE CANT JUST GO ON THE INTERNET AND STATE PEOPLE ARE SELLING FAKES - ITS ILLEGAL TO DO SO - PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!

AUTHENTICITY FROM MAC BELOW:

Return-Path: [email protected]
Delivered-To: [email protected]
X-FDA: 61519705800
X-Panda: scanned!
X-SpamScore: 5
X-Spam-Summary: 1,0,0,,06614ef079175ab6,[email protected],[email protected],RULES _HIT,0,RBL:64.18.2.179-lbl7.mailshell.net-127.0.0.2,CacheIP:none,Bayesian:0.5,0.5,0.5,Netche ck:none,DomainCache:0,MSF:not bulk,SPF:,MSBL:none,DNSBL:none

Received: from exprod7og113.obsmtp.com (exprod7og113.obsmtp.com [64.18.2.179])
by imf07.hostedemail.com (Postfix) with SMTP
for <[email protected]>; Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:26:58 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from source ([64.195.212.68]) by exprod7ob113.postini.com ([64.18.6.12]) with SMTP;
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 04:26:59 PDT
Received: from US-RP-SMTP02.am.elcompanies.net ([10.0.9.52]) by mrs2-smtp-out.elcompanies.net with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:26:58 -0400
Received: from smtp-apps.elcompanies.net ([10.1.9.21]) by US-RP-SMTP02.am.elcompanies.net with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:26:58 -0400
Received: from gcc.aveda.com ([10.252.10.134]) by smtp-apps.elcompanies.net with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 07:26:57 -0400
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:26:57 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re:MAC Response to Case No.87060
To: <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Importance: Normal
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
X-Mailer: SAP Web Application Server 6.20
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="=_49072CA23DFC274BE10000000AFC0A86"
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 29 Oct 2008 11:26:57.0854 (UTC) FILETIME=[40F8A5E0:01C939B9]

Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in M.A.C.

M.A.C products are only distributed for sale at our authorised retail store accounts, or at our free-standing stores. Products purchased at one of our authorised accounts are genuine M.A.C merchandise of recent production. In addition, consumers can feel confident when they are serviced by one of our trained representatives, who are familiar with our product line. I can confirm that we did produce a Brow Pencil in the shade Flatter.

We trust the above addresses your concern. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.

Sincerely,

Philippa Wood
Consumer Care Centre
Global Consumer Communications

Actually, the email does not confirm the authenticity of your "MAC" product at all. It basically just states that only MAC products sold at the MAC store or MAC counters are guaranteed to be authentic. They also just confirmed that they do make a Brow Pencil in the shade Flatter, however, it doesn't confirm that what you sold is authentic.