CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless Foundation

auriannjag42

Drugstore.com has this on sale for 10% with an additional 30% off all makeup this week if anyone is interested in trying :)

MissTT

I know. I have a brand new bottle, but was thinking of backing it up. Not gonna do it though. I can't find my receipt for the second color I bought so I can't return it. What sucks is we paid $12/bottle.
censored.gif

VampyCouture

I got this during the Drugstore.com sale. I think the price of the foundation was $6 and some change for me. I really like it. I got Q825 thanks to Chinablaq who said it was a perfect match for her. It's a perfect match for me too. I haven't tested out the wear, but it feels really natural on my skin. I am trying to finish up my Revlon color stay whipped foundation and my Mac Studio Fix Fluid, both which are about 2/3 gone, so I'm going to have to park this foundation until that happens.

VampyCouture

What do you think of ColorStay Whipped? What's your skintype?
I am in love with it! It is seriously one of the best drugstore foundations on the market. I got the darkest shade, Caramel, which is not dark at all. I am NW43/NC50. It looks very natural against the skin and great for hot nights. This and the regular colorstay are the only drugstore foundations I owned before this one. (Well, if you count Iman as drugstore but I don't because those prices are up there with Mac!)

sagehen

I am in love with it! It is seriously one of the best drugstore foundations on the market. I got the darkest shade, Caramel, which is not dark at all. I am NW43/NC50. It looks very natural against the skin and great for hot nights. This and the regular colorstay are the only drugstore foundations I owned before this one. (Well, if you count Iman as drugstore but I don't because those prices are up there with Mac!)
I am NC50 as well, and like the liquid Colorstay in Caramel, but the Whipped is much lighter (liquid is color 400, whipped is 360) - how do you get this to work for you? I have a jar that I tried ONCE and it was too light/ashen. Did you sheer it out? Use darker powder? I want to use this up, and this summer would be great for it - it's going to be a hot one here.

VampyCouture

I am NC50 as well, and like the liquid Colorstay in Caramel, but the Whipped is much lighter (liquid is color 400, whipped is 360) - how do you get this to work for you? I have a jar that I tried ONCE and it was too light/ashen. Did you sheer it out? Use darker powder? I want to use this up, and this summer would be great for it - it's going to be a hot one here.
Hey Sagehen, the color is the right match, the undertone is just different for me which is why I get the light/ashy look. I have golden undertones.

To change this I use two methods:

1. I use a Milani powder that leans on the orange side to set it. I believe it is #7 in their multipurpose powder. That, or the Stila Bronzing powder in Shade 1 is very orange, so setting it creates the perfect match for me. Once you add warmth, it should be a good match. Even better, if you can find Ben Nye powder in Coco Tan, that is very warm. I believe during ColouredBeautiful's YT rave about these powders, she loved Coco Tan to add warmth to her face. It's hard to get, but it's amazing.

2. Orange color correctors. I sometimes mix a little bit of Bobbi Brown Corrector in Dark Peach with the liquid and it makes it warmer for me. If you don't have that, take a really red foundation (mine was studio fix fluid) and mix a little bit in with the foundation.

I mostly do #1 though. And if I were to recommend one, I would choose Stila. Easier to get and gives me a glow.

sagehen

Hey Sagehen, the color is the right match, the undertone is just different for me which is why I get the light/ashy look. I have golden undertones.

1. I use a Milani powder that leans on the orange side to set it. I believe it is #7 in their multipurpose powder. That, or the Stila Bronzing powder in Shade 1 is very orange, so setting it creates the perfect match for me. Once you add warmth, it should be a good match. Even better, if you can find Ben Nye powder in Coco Tan, that is very warm. I believe during ColouredBeautiful's YT rave about these powders, she loved Coco Tan to add warmth to her face. It's hard to get, but it's amazing.

2. Orange color correctors. I sometimes mix a little bit of Bobbi Brown Corrector in Dark Peach with the liquid and it makes it warmer for me. If you don't have that, take a really red foundation (mine was studio fix fluid) and mix a little bit in with the foundation.

I mostly do #1 though. And if I were to recommend one, I would choose Stila. Easier to get and gives me a glow.
OOOH - you have given me a good reason to go to a beauty supply store - a small jar of BN Coco Tan Powder might last through the jar of Colorstay whipped! Yay! I might go at lunch.thanks for your response. I am definitely going to experiment with this.

VampyCouture

OOOH - you have given me a good reason to go to a beauty supply store - a small jar of BN Coco Tan Powder might last through the jar of Colorstay whipped! Yay! I might go at lunch.thanks for your response. I am definitely going to experiment with this.
No problem! Ben Nye is harder to find, but it is the best option! Also, the jar will outlast your jar of Colorstay. My banana powder is still going strong post numerous 1 oz empties. Good luck and let me know how it goes
flower.gif

kimbunney

I finally got my hands on the foundation. I like it but then I don't. For one it made me so shiny at the end of the day and I don't even have oily skin. I would prefer it for shorter periods of time. It's flawless which I love but I have the wrong color. I picked up 815 based on suggestions and its too red against me skintone. I'm debating what color should I try next.

MissTT

Kim I think you're lighter than me or at least the same color and I use Q805. I grabbed Brulee, too, and it's dark maybe red, too. Couldn't tell I was in a hurry and had to wash it off my face before an event. Then like a fool I lost the receipt b/c we were traveling when I purchased. Now I can't return the Brulee and we paid $12/bottle at CVS in South Carolina. Grrr! I'm surprised to hear it makes you oily. Are you using primer, too? I also use my NARS Light reflecting powder, but mostly out of habit. Maybe give it another try after exchanging it for 800 or 805. I know you have that serious TX heat so you're really testing the product.

Kiwiana

Thanks for the tip!
urock.gif

minny1a

glad burlee worked for alot of nc 45 folks cause it did not for me I had to use Q845 warm caramel and I'm pretty much Beyonce's shade when she is made to appear lighter than she is but normal. loreal true match c6.

minny1a

I've been loving this foundation and I've tried tons of drugstore ones and have been disappointed but this has been great so far! If you go online on walmart you can search a list of locations that will have the Queen collection in stock, normally its in more urban locations. I thought the amber glow would be a great match for my NC45 skintone but it was a tad too ashy, so I ended up with the brulee instead. It is a shade darker than my skintone right now but I'm sure over the next few weeks when I get a little more sun it will work perfectly. I noticed this foundation doesnt oxidize and its really good at controlling my oil throughout the day. It also lasts really long on my skin without any needed touchups that I normally would have to do with my studio fix foundation. I've been applying it with a damp beauty blender and I'm sure it would look just as good with the sigmaF80  as well. I would definitely recommend everyone to go out and try this foundation!!

LoriQ

Yeah drugstore.com has it for $7.83 but it costs $6 to ship it plus tax. I'd rather go to Walmart and pay the $9 something.