Creme d' Nude & Creme d' Nude?

RayannaBanana

I bought my first MAC Creme d' Nude cremesheen lipstick on ebay and it was marked sample. I love it and I'm almost finished it so I bought a new one online straight from MAC. When I got I noticed that it was a lot lighter then my other one. Does this mean it was marked incorrectly (the sample one)?

Heres a swatch picture of the two. Darker one on top is the older sample one and the lighter one on the bottom is from MAC online.

IMG_2325.jpg

Edit: Here's the lipsticks side by side.
IMG_2342.jpg

dietcokeg

hmm honestly i dont think that it was marked incorrectly, ive never seen what a lipstick sample from Mac looks like, can u post the ebay ad?
My only guess as to why the colours a diffrent would be becuase its fake but if link the ebay ad for itll be easier to see whats going on

GucciGirl

I have Creme d' Nude and the top one dosen't look like what I know it to look like. I know that there are a lot of sellers on ebay that sell fake MAC. Thats the only reason why I would think of why the colors are off. Usually the samples are the same as what they sell. I have been in the MAC store before and they had to get a new sample and they took it right from their inventory.

RayannaBanana

It smells and looks like a MAC lipstick but I bought it over a year ago so I don't have the box or remember the seller on ebay. The texture is the same as the other cremesheens so I was wondering maybe its Creme In Your Coffee?

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I've also noticed that sometimes the samples are actually a slightly diff colour to what we have on our counters... It could be that.

purrtykitty

Samples often aren't the final product, so colors may vary. It could also just have been marked wrong. I bought a couple dazzleglasses that were marked wrong. Looks like it could be Creme in your Coffee or Modesty.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGirl
Usually the samples are the same as what they sell. I have been in the MAC store before and they had to get a new sample and they took it right from their inventory.

This is true, but MAC artists for update, and professional makeup artists use actual working products marked with stickers that simply have a preliminary name and the word SAMPLE. This one probably just has the incorrect sticker.
th_dunno.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGirl
I have Creme d' Nude and the top one dosen't look like what I know it to look like. I know that there are a lot of sellers on ebay that sell fake MAC. Thats the only reason why I would think of why the colors are off. Usually the samples are the same as what they sell. I have been in the MAC store before and they had to get a new sample and they took it right from their inventory.

you're thinking of a tester, not a "sample" product. like bunny said, "sample"s are the initial product that hasn't been finalized with the actual selling name, packaging, etc. its just a "stage" of production. testers are what you try on at the counter.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
I looked at some swatches and I think it might actually be Modesty cremesheen.

Now that you mention it, it does look like Modesty!

I know I'm just saying what has already been said, but that is way too dark to be Creme d' Nude! It probably was a sample that was labeled wrong, or maybe Creme d' Nude was the working name for whatever color you got originally! (haha, sorry, not really helpful...) I do hope you find out what it is, though, so you can buy the correct replacement! Do you at least like the real Creme d' Nude to justify keeping/using it?