Creme de Violet: Light color or hard to blend?

liza0183

Hey ya'll

I was wondering if anyone else has notice that this shadow is hard to pack on or blend? Is it because it is too light? I have used several bases with it and without bases still the color pay off is not as I would have hoped
ssad.gif
It's really pretty in the pot. Please any suggestions on what I can do have it show up>

Thanks

Simply Elegant

It's not because it's too light. I don't have a problem packing on light lid colours. I'd suggest using a really dense brush and patting it on and only blend lightly at the very outer edge in one direction.

gildedangel

You could try using it with some fix + (not directly in the pot though!) to get the color to show up better. I don't have this color but other shadows are like this; they sometimes need to be packed on a bit more to get the color payoff that you want. HTH!

bis

Or you could try a brush like the 213. I use it for Bitter and from what you said it sounds like Creme de Violet has the same "issues" as Bitter.

Miss Dynamite

I have no problems with this eyeshadow, if I want it a bit darker, I usually dab the brush in Parfait Amour first then get a lot of Creme De Violet on the brush too.

GlamQueen21

I have no problems with Creme de Violet e/s. You can either pair it with Stars N Rockets or Petal Worship e/s from the Rose Is A Rose Quad.

erine1881

Creme de violet is a velvet, abd velvets need a bit different technique than the other finishes. Its best used with a creme-y base, such as a shadestick or a paint pot (before it dries down). Instead of swiping the colour onto the lid (wich will result in a streaky look woth the base colour), you need to pack the colour onto the lid, which allows the true colour of the base to show up, along with the shimmery flecks.

HTHs!

GlamQueen21

^Creme de Violet is a Velvet? I was wondering what finish that eyeshadow was. I have the pan form and on the website it said it was a Frost. Thanks Erin!

liza0183

Thanks to all who responded. I will try a paint pot next to put it over. I did use NYX Milk the last time I tried as a base still didn't work well. I will try packing on a bit more again too. Wish me luck
smiles.gif

OfficerJenny

Pretty sure it's a frost. I apply it with a 217, in small circular motions and slowly expand the radius to get it full coverage and it blends itself out :3

Laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza0183
Thanks again for all the help. Which paint pot should I use under it?

I used it under Fresco Rose this week and it looked beautiful!

Laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
^I should try Creme de Violet with Fresco Rose Paint Pot!

Everyone should!!!!!! Hehe!