Curious to your thoughts of using too much e/s

ForgetRegret

Mabelle
th_LMAO.gif
I almost spit my vanilla coke all over my computer screen when I read this...it was the "they look like a football" part...hahahaha

Ursula

I would have to agree that there is no rule for what works and what doesn't but it all comes down to the skill of the artist. Sometimes more is good, sometimes less is good. I typically use a paint as a foundations and at least 3-4 other colors, but it often can grow to 6 or 7 if I'm feeling a bit cheeky!

RedRibbon

I used to use one before I realised that you need about 2-3 to have a decent look, now I use UDPP, a lid colour, a crease colour and a highlighter.

SassyMochaJess

I use between 2-5 shadows and the more I play with makeup the more I care about definition, and that's why I even use that many. But I do watch tutorials some times and they use 5+ shadows for one look and its like whoa! But I appreciate the art of makeup so as long as it looks good, it's cool by me.

Co-workers do intimidate me though when they use so many shadows to perfect a look. While I "play it safe", makes me feel like I lack artistic skills. On the other hand I'm usual satisfied with my looks and practice does make perfect!

MACATTAK

I've always wondered about this too. Honestly, when people use this many shadows, I'm lucky if I can definitively pick out 2-3 of the colors. They start meshing together, and look like the same color to me.

Mabelle

thats a bit of an overreaction.
it's a msg board, dont stress too much about it.
There is obviously a system and the mods like to keep it organized. Don't worry to much about it. It;s easy enough to track down your posts.

miss sha

Wasn't this post originally in recommendations? You're asking for discussion and opinions here--nobody's really recommending anything. AFAIK, Chatter is the right place for this thread.

chocolategoddes

^ Damn! It sucks you had to experience that. Like others have said, the mods are just trying to keep things running smoothly. :/

But what I was going to say was, I've recently been observing a lot of professional celebrity makeup artists, and I'm actually very surprised at the small amount of product they use on a face in general, but especially the eye! Sometimes, it'll be an overall lid color and some color in the crease.
It really comes down to blending, color placement, and overall skill.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
Can i just say that im getting really annoyed by my threads always being moved.And when i take time out of my life to take pictures of swatches to help out others half of them get deleted by moderaters.If i ask a question im told do searches first!If i summit a comment to another poster thats even the slightest bit of topic of the thread im told that i need to keep on topic.Its seriously annoying and it makes a forum like this so unfun.So why does my thread get moved to CHATTER? If you look in the cosmetics discussion section most of the threadss from everyone are all along the same as this one.And its not like this is the first time there always moved or something is deleted and im so sick of it.I had a thread of mine moved after it being there for over a week.It took you a week to decide it should be moved? I follow all the rules on here but some moderaters just do whatever they like.Its like a little online prison,theres no freedom on this forum.You constantly have to think oh can i ask this oh will they delete that.I wont even bother looking back for an answer.And i dont care if you delete this post you might aswell you delete everything else i do.

If your threads are being moved it is because they are in the wrong forum...This thread is Chatter...it's not about MAC or anything in specific it's about thoughts on people using XYZ number of e/s to create a look...Not necessary MAC e/s....so why would it go in Recommendations or MAC chat?

Also, your swatches are not being deleted...they are being merged into existing swatch threads...EX: You posted a swatch thread for Angel lipstick...it was merged into the already existing Lipstick Swatch thread. If you look at your posts you will see they were not deleted but moved/merged into another thread.

If everyone started a new thread for every swatch can you imagine how many swatch threads would exist with only a couple swatches in each thread.

Also if a member posts a topic that already exists ...the Mods do merge the threads together...Nothing personal against you it just makes it easier for people searching to find the same topics all in one spot not scattered all over the board.

Strawberrymold

For myself it really depends on how much time I have to play around. If I have to be out of the door in ten or so minutes I stick to simple and use 2-4 shadows. When I have time to play... lord only knows with how many shades I can end up with...

To bring it back to the youtube topic does anyone else think it's kinda funny (not slamming anyone cause i've done it too) does one eye first and uses so much product that they forget what they did on the other eye and spend like five minutes adjusting? Nice to know we are all human.. always makes me giggle 'cause I can be quite the product whore too!

LaGoddess

I agree. I use 2 on most days, sometimes 3. My eyes are big and look odd with too much going on. I usually stick to beige/gold/natural shades and matte browns. I like my blush/lips to stand out the most.

Mabelle

Just me, but this seems like something that should be settled in private messages. you're diverting from your own OP.

frocher

^Agreed, you should always pm a moderator with questions like this, you will get a faster response and it won't disrupt the thread.
winks.gif

TISH1124

OP.....

I think if you have a problem with the way the Mod's run the forum you need to PM the Mod's....at the end of the day I really don't think many of us care where your thread is posted. I know I for one don't. I was only giving you examples of why threads would be moved or merged. Basically this is chatter IMO....makeup discussion is normally related to a particular product.
Again, as stated PM the Mod's if you disagree with the way they moderate the forums...I think that is a issue between you and them...the rest of us really just like discussing real issues that could possibly concern us or makeup....Not so much why your thread keeps getting moved. I think this is all a big to do about nothing...And it is not that I disagree or agree with the Mod's...I just think the way you are going about discussing the problem is not a way of getting it solved. Venting about how the Mod's handle your threads in the middle of a discussion about e/s application is ridiculous.
And that is my opinion on the subject...and I am done with it.

MAC_Whore

There really is no need for this to escalate into tension. Forever, I'm sorry you are having an unpleasant experience. You could have PMd us at any time to discuss it.

We do merge threads on like subjects. We do move threads to new forums when they are out of place. When I do this, I leave a temporary 2 day redirect so that the OP can click on their their original thread in forum area where they first posted it to get link the the new forum area where it has been moved.

That said, we have over 50,000 members posting a tremendous amount of threads each day. We do our best to keep up with this. Lastly, to state the obvious, we are human beings and do occasionally make mistakes.

Again, PM us if you have an issue and we can work to resolve it. We aren't the third reich. We are more than happy to help.

Shimmer

A. What ^^^^ said.
B. Never in my life have I seen swatches 'deleted'. Moved? Changed to links? Filtered into appropriate threads? Yes. Deleted? newp.
C. There were better ways to handle this.
D. This may be of use: Specktra.Net - FAQ