Curling lashes

me_jelly

Here's a question I'm dying to know the answer to - are you suppose to curl your lashes BEFORE mascara or AFTER or both? I'm been curling them before mascara all my life but ran into someone yesterday who said that I should do it afterwards?

Sometimes I find that after curling my lashes and putting mascara on, they kind of uncurl a bit (I guess due to the wetness of the mascara pulling them down) - how do you prevent this?

Amaranth

You should curl your lashes before mascara and before applying lashes. If you curl them afterwards, it'll make your mascara all clumpy and probably take the mascara right off where the curler pressed down.

MAC_Pixie04

Before. Doing it after will not result in a natural curl, it will be like a bent, weird angled indentation. It also can result in breaking the lashes, because the mascara gets stuck and when you pull the curler away, you can take lashes with it.

lotus

ok, it might be just me, but i curl before AND after. i use a shu uemura eyelash curler to curl my lashes, then apply a lash primer and then the mascara. the curl usually disappears after applying the primer and mascara, so i curl lightly afterwards too, but only after it all dries. it ends up nice and the curl isn't too bent or unnatural looking, it's looks better to me. curl lightly and don't push down too hard, this way, you're lashes don't stick to the curler.

having a nice curl to my lashes is very important to me, it opens up my eyes and that's something i need. i have an almond-shaped eyes (yes, i'm asian), so the shape of my eyes are already slim. having curled lashes opens them up real nice.
thmbup.gif

VioletB

Here's what I do.. put on a tiny tiny tiny coat of mascara.. I mean just swipe just a little bit on and wait for it to dry. Heat your curler just a little bit with your blowdryer ( DO NOT get it too hot!!! ) Curl your eyelashes, but don't press too hard, just very gently (that way you won't get the "crimped" look.) Apply your second coat of mascara and voila! They stay curled.. at least it works for me.
smiles.gif

freaksinunif0rm

Before works best.

If you have trouble holding the curl after mascara (like me) use a waterproof curling mascara after curling your lashes. Then, if you want more volume, use your favorite mascara. I use up to three different kinds of mascaras :].

pumpkincat210

I curl them both before and after. But afterwards you have to wait like 5 minutes or it will clump, but otherwise it works great and my lashes stay curled much longer than when i do it before.