Curling Your Hair

bunnie_luv

Ok, I have lots of questions so here goes. First, I need to buy curling irons. I need a big one and a small one. What's a good brand of curling irons to get? Price isn't too big of an issue. I have long hair just for reference. Anyway, when I use big curling irons the curl goes flat in no time. How can I get it to stay? Ok, so here goes the last question. This might sound stupid, but no one ever showed/taught me how to curl my hair and I was just wondering if someone could explain it to me. I get the basic jist of it but want to make sure I do it right ya know? lol I'm such a loser. =P Thanks for the help ladies!

JunkaLunk

Check out the curling irons at Sally beauty supply stores, they are 9275023957 times better than what you can get at drug stores.

I almost NEVER curl my hair so im unsure what to say for the last two questions, but just try experimenting with your hair and different products that will keep your hair how YOU want it.

good luck.

so_siqqq

www.folica.com is the best site for hair tools and they have free shipping for most of their items.

Now, to keep the curl you need to use some kind of styling product whether it be mousse or a curl enhancing product. When you're finished curling your hair spray some hairspray on to keep the shape in tact.

When you clamp section of your hair to the barrel make sure you are curling the barrel the opposite direction so you don't get a kink at the ends. For example if the clamp of the barrel is on the outside roll the barrel inwards.

When you roll the barrel around a section of your hair hold it there for a couple of seconds (10-15 seconds). Release the iron and let the hair cool down complelety. Repeat this to other sections of your hair. When you're finished you can run your fingers through your hair with some shine serum to loosen the curls to get loose waves. Always finish with hairspray so that the curl lasts.

ostentatious

I have two Babyliss curling irons, my sister and I both love them.

I suggest after washing and conditioning hair, apply styling mousse then blowdry smooth.

I have two different techniques for using a curling iron:

Take a small section of hair
Clamp the curling iron at the end of the section
Roll the barell upwards and hold for 10 seconds

Take a small section of hair
Clamp the curling iron at the root of the section
Actually wrap the hair around the barell and hold for 10 seconds

Practice really does make perfect
smiles.gif
It may take a couple of goes to get used to it, but just keep trying different things until you find something you like.

inlucesco

I have pretty long hair. Is there a curling iron out there that's also very long-barreled, or do I have to invent one?
greengrin.gif

BaDaSs llTiNall

I HIGHLY recommend I.C.O.N from planet beauty. I have super straight hair and nothing worked for me until I.C.O.N it holds my hair for more than 5 hours!!!! It lasted throughout PROM and after!!!