customizing a MAC e/s palette

Kiseki

Greetings to all of you!
After almost a month and a half of dead computer, I have risen from the ashes (i.e. bought a new one) and am back.

I will be leaving to the US on Tuesday and will be staying a little over three weeks. So one of my priorities will be to visit the Pro Store in NYC and I'm thinking of buying at least a 15 e/s palette (possibly 15+4). That said, would anyone care to recommend a good mix of neutral and vibrant of what you consider the best of the best to own.

Again, GREAT to be back.

ben

great neutrals:

all that glitters (works with anything)
era (great light brown)
mulch (nice deep brown)
jest (fresh peachy/pink)
shroom (a must for highlighting)
woodwinked (bronzey gold)
coppering (looks great with green eyes)

eowyn797

i did this when i went on a long trip last year. my 15-palette ended up being:

Trax, Dazzlelight, Romp, Swish, Gorgeous Gold, Club, Sumptuous Olive, Twinks, Red Violet, Steamy, Woodwinked, Wedge, Quarry, Vex, and uh....Vanilla! i ended up taking my Travel 7x palette too because of Gleam, Nylon & Satin Taupe. that's all i took in the way of e/s for an entire month. i may have brought Gold Dusk and Green Brown pigment samples as well...i forget - if i did, i didn't use them much.

those are the best of the best colors for ME tho, not necessarily for you...it would really depend on your coloring (i am NW15-20, blue eyes, brownish hair) and the MA there will totally help you. i went in and told them i was going on a long trip with ONE palette and the guy was a big big help. i think he picked out 12-13 of the shadows and then i tossed in a few more i thought looked nice.