Cyndi Lauper & Lady GaGa Campaign

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
take it as a compliment! Geri is very beautiful!
smiles.gif

Oh, I do, and I think she is beautiful as well. But we are really nothing alike, I am very sure.

bubbleheart

I love Gaga - usually not a color I can wear and it takes a bit of effort (I only wear it lightly) but its so pretty. If it was just a hint of a warmer pink I think I'd be stocking up on many backups. (So lucky for me its not lol).

kpenn

I cannot WAIT to get these when I come home to celebrate my birthday with my family. I will be getting a few Spring Colour Forecast goodies, some Too Fabulous goodies, some GLOL stuff, all of my Art Supplies AND these. It will be so tempting not to try to put everything on at once!

Chester

I bought Viva Glam Cyndi today. It's such a pretty color, and MAC's vanilla scent makes me want to eat it off my lips.
th_LMAO.gif
I see myself reaching for it quite often.

Karen_B

I got the Cyndi lipstick a while ago, and I really really love it. I used to be so afraid of anything red on my lips before, but now I love it. Especially if the red leans towards coral! So Cyndi was perfect for me.
It's perfect to brighten up an everyday makeup, like if you only have time to do liner and mascara. A little of bit of Cyndi and your face gets a pop of colour!

Miss QQ

When I was at my counter yesterday, I overheard a customer asking for Gaga and the MA said it was out of stock. They are waiting for stocks to come in. I'm not sure if Cyndi is sold out as well. I haven't bought Cyndi yet. Not tempted yet but I know it is a very wearable coral red.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
When I was at my counter yesterday, I overheard a customer asking for Gaga and the MA said it was out of stock. They are waiting for stocks to come in. I'm not sure if Cyndi is sold out as well. I haven't bought Cyndi yet. Not tempted yet but I know it is a very wearable coral red.

You NEED Cyndi. It's one of the most beautiful lipstick I own- and I own A LOT. My friend told me she really wants to see Gaga on me, but I told her I'm scared. I haven't worn it yet. LOL

shontay07108

Quote:
I like Gaga but I haven't been reaching for it a lot.
th_dunno.gif

What gloss goes well with Cyndi?

I hardly ever wear a gloss over lipstick and I've never worn one over Cyndi. However, Tomorrow's Coral lipstain looks amazing underneath it.

GoldenFairy

Quote:
I like Gaga but I haven't been reaching for it a lot.
th_dunno.gif

double dare cremesheen glass!
drools.gif

banana1234

so now that the hype has died down

what does everyone think of these lippies? i'm thinking of getting gaga and cyndi but was it just hype?

LisaOrestea

I got gaga yesterday.
I do like it, but I also got blooming lovely at the same time - so it has been overshadowed in a big way haha!

It is nice, but It isn't too flattering on the teeth - I don't have yellow teeth at all (as in, I bought a whitening kit and my teeth were whiter to start with than the whitest option on the comparison chart) but I do think that Gaga makes my teeth look a little off colour.

My boyfriend told me I was being stupid though and didn't see a problem - so maybe it was just me being fussy :p

banana1234

hmm, i used to smoke, so my teeth arent the best they could be, maybe i should give it a miss? i already have saint germain, i hear they're close-ish, other than it being diff finishes, maybe saint germain sheered out with lip balm would have same effect? or maybe i should get pink nouveau and sheer that out a bit?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
so now that the hype has died down

what does everyone think of these lippies? i'm thinking of getting gaga and cyndi but was it just hype?

i love cyndi. it's a really wearble red that i think suits all skintones. and it's great for day time wear for those of us who are usually scared of bright reds. gaga i feel is a bit of a let down - it's a pretty pink but nothing at all special. nice but not needed.

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i love cyndi. it's a really wearble red that i think suits all skintones. and it's great for day time wear for those of us who are usually scared of bright reds. gaga i feel is a bit of a let down - it's a pretty pink but nothing at all special. nice but not needed.

Agreed! I wore Cyndi out yesterday and got SO many compliments. It is just the most perfect watermelon red.

Camnagem

I love Cyndi, the color is fantastic and so flattering! I'll be getting a few more of these before they're gone for sure. To me it's just the perfect everyday reddish lip, not too over the top...just right.
yes.gif

Gaga...I'll keep, but never wear. It looks totally awful on me (I knew it would, lol) but there's no way I'm returning it.
lol.gif

*JJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Gaga...I'll keep, but never wear. It looks totally awful on me (I knew it would, lol) but there's no way I'm returning it.
lol.gif

me too! i don't know why i bought it! the color looks so gorgeous in the tube and i love lady gaga, maybe that's why.
it doesn't look right on me. it's not just my teeth, my entire face looks yellow when i wear it (or at least to me it does).
i keep trying to make it work but in the end i just grab some other lipstick because i hate having to make stuff work.

Quote:

When I bought Cyndi the MA convinced me to try Viva Glam VI lipglass with it... SO pretty! Cyndi is already so gorgeous on its own that the VG gloss just kicked it up a notch. It has just the right amount of shimmer and is sheer enough that it totally brings out the best in Cyndi rather than covering it up with a totally different color.