Damaged during shipment question

Ciani

So I just got my order from the IL store that I had shipped to me in MI and for some reason they put all my stuff in one of those yellow bubble wrap envelope.....I'm talking the pigment stack, lipgelee, cremeblend blush, 4xpalette and my 4 pro refill eyeshadows. I'm extremely confused why they would ship eyeshadow pro refills in a bendable envelope along with heavier things? I ordered plummage, bitter, soot and wedge....somehow the first 3 are ok minus Soot having some indent from the circle on it. Wedge on the other hand got smashed during the shipping.

Short version: I bought from a MAC store in another state had it shipped, they sent it in a bendable envelope and one of my pro eyeshadow refills *Wedge* got smashed. Should I call the store or the 800# on the receipt? I don't want to have to pay for shipping to send it back when shipping cost more then the shadow did.
ssad.gif

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

LMD84

i would call the 800 number first before the store. because i imagine all the store would do is send it out again but maybe wrap it better. but the customer servises may be able to sort it out quicker for you.

Simply Elegant

I agree, calling customer service first would be better. They'll probably send it free for you. MAC is known to do that if your order is wrong etc.

jennyfee

That happent to me, I live in Canada... I went on the MAC website, sent them an email with my order number and they sent me a new eyeshadow super fast for free.
smiles.gif

Ciani

Thanks guys! I called the 800 Customer Service # first and the lady told me to call the MAC Store in IL first, then if I had issues to call them back. I called the IL store and the lady there was very nice. Apologized a few times said they would ship me a new one and make sure it was packaged safer and ship it out first thing in the morning. I received it a a day later in perfect condition and I still have what is left of the other one since they didn't make me send it back.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciani
Thanks guys! I called the 800 Customer Service # first and the lady told me to call the MAC Store in IL first, then if I had issues to call them back. I called the IL store and the lady there was very nice. Apologized a few times said they would ship me a new one and make sure it was packaged safer and ship it out first thing in the morning. I received it a a day later in perfect condition and I still have what is left of the other one since they didn't make me send it back.

fantastic news!
smiles.gif
so now you have a broken bonus shadow too!
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciani

yeah i would've called the store first, seeing as how that's where the product came from. and they would know how they had packaged it, whereas the CS# wouldn't have. then if there were any issues then to call CS.

glad you got a new one that arrived in one piece!
yes.gif