Danessa Myricks DVD's-Help?

MK09

Ive just come across Danessa Myricks DVD's on amazon.com.And WOW! The covers are very inspiring to me.

But my only question is that i'm Caucasian.And there are no Caucasian girls on the covers of any of the DVD's. And i haven't watched them so i have no idea about the videos contents. But my question is an i apologize if its a stupid question lol The question is, are the DVD's geared toward just African American woman? Im an aspiring makeup artist so i want to be able to do black persons makeup just as perfectly as white person and Latinos and Asians etc etc So i am interested in what works for black skin versus white or special techniques for Asian eyes.I want to be well versed in all special techniques for all nationalities.Im just curious what the contents of these videos focus on more,what works for black skin such as how to match foundations what colors work etc? Or are the DVD's more focused on makeup techniques and skills in general,involving all skin tones? Because i really want these dvd's but im hoping there more focused on makeup technique rather then just skin color. I love the looks of these DVD's,there is nothing like them on the market that ive seen. Seriously i just want to buy every single one.I just want to know more about what the videos are about before i purchase.Thanks for reading
smiles.gif

NubianHoneii

hi,

I own almost all of the Danessa Myrics DVDs and I've been to a few D. Myricks classes and events. Let me asure you she is a wonderful teacher, and no mater what ethnicity you are you will end up learing tecniques that will cross over various skintones/texures. If you are new to her I sugest geting the "step by step make up basics vol 1" dvd and the "flawless eyebrow and eyelash" DVD because those cover the basics plus a bit more. The next ones i suggest are "Eyerotic", and "Multidimensional Makeup".

You can get them for cheaper then amazon and her personal website at

A New EZ-NetTools Member Account

I also really recommend taking her basics class. The foundation break down is so wonderful. She lets you play with 393482 foundations from different formulations and finishes and what is the best time to use them.

you can find a list of her classes at

. anessa Myricks of I Make You Beautiful:.

I know right now she doesn't have the current listing of classes out but she usually updates her list for the year in Dec/Jan

Hope I was of some help!

MK09

Quote:
Originally Posted by NubianHoneii
hi,

I own almost all of the Danessa Myrics DVDs and I've been to a few D. Myricks classes and events. Let me asure you she is a wonderful teacher, and no mater what ethnicity you are you will end up learing tecniques that will cross over various skintones/texures. If you are new to her I sugest geting the "step by step make up basics vol 1" dvd and the "flawless eyebrow and eyelash" DVD because those cover the basics plus a bit more. The next ones i suggest are "Eyerotic", and "Multidimensional Makeup".

You can get them for cheaper then amazon and her personal website at

A New EZ-NetTools Member Account

I also really recommend taking her basics class. The foundation break down is so wonderful. She lets you play with 393482 foundations from different formulations and finishes and what is the best time to use them.

you can find a list of her classes at

. anessa Myricks of I Make You Beautiful:.

I know right now she doesn't have the current listing of classes out but she usually updates her list for the year in Dec/Jan

Hope I was of some help!

Thank you so much for replying
smiles.gif
I feel confident in the purchase now lol I want to get the Step-by-Step Make up Basics & Beyond Vol 1 and then NEW Step by Step Basics & Beyond Vol II -Eyes Addition,as my first two of her DVD's.I really like the creative look in her work,im really excited to get these in the mail.Oh and by the way thank you for sharing the website.Though Amazon must have caught on because they have discounted theres too.There now the exact same price as the ones on her website.So this time im going to order from Amazon so i can save a little with the free shipping lol Thanks again!

Oh i just wanted to ask you one more question,since you own most of her DVD's.Are the DVDs very in depth and thorough and show alot of close up application and technique? I ask because its only 2 hours long and i know on some DVD's they waste more then half the time promoting or talking about other products,instead of keeping it a full two hours of in depth makeup techniques.Theres not alot of time spent just messing around is there? lol

MK09

Quote:
Originally Posted by beby24
oh please let me know how you like it, Id love to know...

Ive had it for a few weeks now but i have been so busy that i havent had a chance to watch it.But ill try to watch it in the next few days then ill give you a review
smiles.gif

beby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK09
Ive had it for a few weeks now but i have been so busy that i havent had a chance to watch it.But ill try to watch it in the next few days then ill give you a review
smiles.gif

thank you so much

jmgjwd

I was wondering about those too as I also saw them on Amazon and they look amazing...

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK09
smiles.gif

It's been a few days now.... hehe.

If anyone can give me any info that would be great as my questions are the same as the OP's (so Im resurrecting this thread rather than making a new one). I would love to get some of these DVD's but they are really expensive to buy and ship here to Australia. The covers look SO enticing though... she does beautiful work!!

elektra513

I have the basics & beyond vol 1 dvd and she spends the entire time applying products. no talking about herself or marketing. i plan on purchasing more of her dvds. i think if you are an aspiring mua, and you can attend her classes, you should do it. she is a great resource for all kinds of makeup, and for inspiration.

hth