Dark Lippie Help for NW15-20

Rinstar

I REALLY want to rock the dark lippie look this fall, but.....
I have several dark lip glosses/lipsticks and for some reason, they all make me look very sallow, yellow-toned and ill. I don't even consider my skin to have yellow undertones, but as soon as I put on a dark lippie, I just look sick or something.

What dark lip product looks best on your NW15-20 skin?
th_dunno.gif

jenjunsan

I am the same skin tone as you and I am on a quest for a dark red/brick color as well. Haven't found one that works for me yet. What shade of dark are you looking for?

Rinstar

I'd love to find a purple-y dark that is flattering, but I'm also interested in wines and berries, or really any vampy dark color. I think dark lipstick looks so nice with pale skin... just not my pale skin!

jenjunsan

Have you tried Fluid? It's a deep/dark (at least on fair skin) plummy color. Viva Glam III is my current "vamp" lipcolor...till I find something I like better.

JustAddSparkles

I just bought Rebel while on a quest similar to yours. I'm lighter than NW15, so I think if it doesn't look sickly on me, you should be fine to try it haha
smiles.gif

DollyGirl92

I love 'Rebel' it's beautiful, and 'Cyber' if you feel really daring! Media is a pretty colour but can look a touch brown, Dark Side is great too.

LMD84

dark lippies don't look that great on me so i tend to go for darker glosses. like jampacked from coc collection or purple rage from spring colour forecast. still vampy just not mega dark
smiles.gif

Rinstar

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll definitely be trying Rebel and Fluid.

I do have Jampacked, I don't ever wear it. I'll give it another try though, I bought it when CoC came out and I was less daring back then!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll definitely be trying Rebel and Fluid.

I do have Jampacked, I don't ever wear it. I'll give it another try though, I bought it when CoC came out and I was less daring back then!

yes do give it another go. it's a lovely colour. you could line your lips with something lip plum soft cremestick liner and then apply the gloss. nice combo and not too dark
smiles.gif

Cydonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
I'd love to find a purple-y dark that is flattering, but I'm also interested in wines and berries, or really any vampy dark color. I think dark lipstick looks so nice with pale skin... just not my pale skin!

Rebel lipstick, all the way!
Dark without being too over the top for such a fair skin tone.

Rinstar

Thanks everyone, I am going to make a nice big trip to my counter and check out all of these suggestions. Hopefully, I will be rocking the vampy look this fall!