Dark, Sexy, Red

thelilprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdiva
I had a difficult time wearing red until I found Nars Dolce Vita. It's a very wearable red that looks good on several skin tones. The best thing about this red is that you can easily turn the intensity up or down. If I want a dark red lip I pair it with a layer of Nars Amazon lip pencil underneath. If I want a more professional look I use it alone or with a nude lip pencil, like MAC's Subculture.

MAC's Russian Red Lipglass is a good one if you want high shine.

surfdiva, love your site, too!

could you post FOTD of you wearing Nars Dolce Vita sometime - i saw your 2daytime FOTDs and they were really pretty. i bought MAC Dubonnet a while back, and still wary about wearing it. maybe it's because of the pigment in my lips - i prefer MAC Paramount but thats more of a reddish brown. i'd even appreciate a swatch or Lips-Of-The-Day.
th_wiggle2.gif

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
I want you all to know that I did try Dubonnet and that lipstick is brown on me. Sorry but it does not work for everyone.
smiles.gif

It looked like some kind of horrible on me.

jenii

I rather like NARS Diablo lip lacquer. It's similar to Dubonnet, but less brownish, IMO. I have both, and they both look good, but Diablo's not as brown to me.

Fanplastico lacquer is darker than MAC Red, but not super-dark. You might like it.

I tried on NARS lip stain glosses, and most of the reds looked nice. I liked Indian Red a lot. I will probably get the duo of that with Moon Fleet gloss.

SparklingWaves

I searched high and low for a true blue red. I found it in Aveda. It's called, rambutan. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. I am totally cool toned. I can't wear those warm reds.

Kuuipo

NARS Fire Down Below. This is the deep color of blood in a test tube. It leaves an amazing stain.....Viridiana is their newest red, its a wine colored satin. Shanghai Express is NARS crimson red (warm) . Spanish Red is a gentle wine color, Congo Red is a screaming red, Afghan Red is a deep rose, and there are so many more reds in the NARS line of lipsticks.