Dark side of the MAC world

je13h

I'm holding out for whisper of gilt to come back I've seen people have it up for such ridiculous prices but then I also saw one sell for £14 on another site there are people out there often just wanting someone else to get the benefit of something that didn't suit them much like I got riri boy in the end and also heaux from a lady for $17 each !! Was so happy
i saw WOG for 250 on instagram earlier today. i was like uhhh no thank you.

lilybettie

Although I find it frustrating to spend so much money on sold out lipsticks I didn't manage to pick up, the excitement of the chase trying to find them is definitely part of the reason I collect them! I do think some sellers charge way above what is reasonable but a lot of people buy them which allows them to keep charging those prices unfortunately :(

SerenLuv

I refuse to pay a reseller an outrageous price for lipstick. But that's just me. I try to make sure I order early online or get a pre-order from Nordstrom. I do miss releases occasionally but am usually lucky. If you miss one collection, there will be another fabulous collection released very soon.

RupaulManiac

Well, honestly can't blame the people who sell it for upwards of $60. There are people willing to pay that price for it, I see it happen on ebay all the time. If you think about, I'd say if most of us were given a limited edition Mac lipstick and told we HAVE to sell it to a group of people who some are willing to buy it for a max of $20 and others for a max of $70 we'd all be trying to sell it for that $70.

treasuremymac

I love a lot of MAC products and Ill admit Ive probably paid more than I should have for an item that is LE. I limit myself to not spend more than $10 of what the retail price of that item may be and I stick to that rule. I dont like the idea of paying an insane amount for a lipstick that is probably already dried up and past its expiration date simply because its an LE item from a collection that come out years ago. The reason people sell those items at that marked up value is because of the demand. If you didnt have people willing to pay $50 for a lipstick that cost $19 then you wouldnt see those type of inflated prices for these products. The demand is what creates the value of an item. As customers we dictate the value of a product. If NOBODY overpaid for an item on ebay then you wouldnt have people re-selling at insane prices!

ksweitzer777

I'm guilty of spending more than I should between ebay and blogsales. Its hard when you want to try so many different colors and build your collection.

LV2EVOLVE

So I was only introduced to MAC late last year by my sister and now I'm discovering all the old collections I never knew about and having fallen in love with the riri boy lipstick I decided to go on a hunt and have been horrified to see the prices I mean people are selling these for like $60 and upward it's crazy it's amazed me at how money hungry this industry can be !! So I was wondering what others thought about it ?
I remember when Pink Friday l/s was selling for $300 on Evil Bay.

GoddessLyric

The dark side of beauty in general is that people are willing to do anything to for it, including spending all their money.

mceja91

Having many lipstick shades and trying to explain to your boyfriend that they are all different but he just does not understand! Oh yeah and starving and losing sleep over limited editions lol