Dear MAC, I want a burgundy fluidline!

glamella

I have green eyes, and love how reddish plums and burgundies make my eyes pop. I love my Macroviolet (((hugs)))). But, I would love a burgundy one. I've found some liquid liners, but they are harder to apply when tightlining.

lizardprincesa

Delineate. It's difficult to find, though. I did an OA for a nearly new one from a MUAer, fell completely in love with it, then decided I *must* have a backup. Well, since then, I have found 3 (eBay). The 1st 2 backups I found, I ended up having to sell. Now (Today, it arrived!) I have my new backup, & I will never sell it, unless I have nothing else to sell & my family needs basics...(I don't mind if I don't eat- Delineate is my essential (& I feel weird saying that, when the world has so many truly hungry & suffering people.....sorry for the tangent!)

Delineate was released as part of the Patternmaker Collection in 2006, as far as I know (I still consider myself a MAC newbie). The color is amazing, & besides using it as a liner, I use it as a base for various shadows, whose colours Delineate intensifies (ie Mi'Lady).

Check out MUA for swaps, or a trustworthy
eBay seller.
I hope you find it!! It's worth it (imho).
smiles.gif

*sparkles* CherylFaith

j_absinthe

MAD Minerals makes this awesome gel liner called Black Cherry that is a blackened red with soft red glitter in it. It might be worth looking into.

gigglegirl

I'd check out Black Cheryl from madminerals.org too. I just ordered it the other day (they had been sold out for a while, I e-mailed to ask about if more were going to be available b/c I think a lot of us from Specktra were interested after the giveaway) and now its back on the list avail to order. Plus it's much cheaper than MAC's regular priced fluidlines (I've never seen Delineate before but it sounds good but this way you could get something that's a bit "fresher" and cheaper).

I've heard only good things about MAD's indelible gel eyeliners and they are even on sale right now for 7.19/each!!

glamella

I've looked in Black Cherry and read reviews. It's not quite what I am lookinf for. From descriptions, it's a soft black and the burgundy/red shimmer isn't visible once its on. I can easily dupe that w/ black liker and shadow.

I want a true burgundy gel liner. Nars actully had one called Shakedown (I think that's it), but the container sucks. I believe I can still get it online.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamella
I want a true burgundy gel liner.

You def need to check out Delineate then.

erinmosh

yessss, check out delineate. it rules! its kind of hard to come by, but check ebay. i think i paid about 20 dollars for mine :-x i wish i would have gotten it when it came out.

MAC_Whore

Here are a few more possible dupes:

UD's Liquid Liner in Roach or Gash

Lancome's Precision Point Eye Liner in Cranberry

bare escentuals bareMinerals Shadow Liner in Black Ruby, Fling or Now

/\These aren't a gel or fluidline formula and may not be as dark as a burgundy, but close dupes nonetheless.

DuWop's Smoke Palette in Plum Wine

There are also MAC's Eye Kohl in Foxy Lady and Technakohl Liner in Foxtail (LE, but still available).

Additionally, Too Faced's Liquif-Eye will turn any burgundy shadow into an eye liner for you.

winks.gif

glamella

thanks everyone! I am on a mission to track down delineate. I will also look for the dupes suggested : )

gigglegirl

I tried checking out Ebay for Delineate but couldn't see any currently for sale.

I looked through my makeup and saw something....do you have any smoke signal pigment? I'd be tempted to try that wet and see if that gives you a similar liner colour to what you're looking for.

daisydeadpetals

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
I looked through my makeup and saw something....do you have any smoke signal pigment? I'd be tempted to try that wet and see if that gives you a similar liner colour to what you're looking for.

I do this all the time! It's not exactly quick and easy like a fluidline, but it looks really beautiful. The trick is to only use a small amount of the pigment...the burgundy really comes through when you get it right. If you use too much pig and not enough water/mixing medium it will be very dark! I just mix it on the lid until I get the right dilution.

Teacakeanyone

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd add 2 things because I also have been looking for something like this. 1) Your dream is coming true at the end of the month with the new "Dark Diversion" fluidline, part of the Mac Me Over collection. 2) I...get impatient when I'm on a hunt for a certain type of product. lol. So I broke down and went to the Bare Escentuals store today; tried their Weather Everything sealer with the Black Ruby liner. GORgeous. Up close, you can really tell it's metallic burgundy, from a slight distance, it looks dark so as to be a great liner. Totally recommend!