Depotting Accident

JGunnar

Hmm so I was depotting my eyeshadows or the first time and accidentally dropped my Amber Lights and Beauty Marked face down in the wick.

I picked them out and wiped them off as quickly as possible but both became hard as a rock. I took a knife and started scraping at the top layer and the Beauty Mark seems ok but the texture of Amber Lights changed to feel something like .. creamy. I guess kinda like a paint would if it had gotten mostly hard. It no longer seems to show up as well as it used to without REALLY having to pack it on.

Is it completely ruined or should I keep trying to rub it off?

I rarely used this eyeshadow even though I kinda loved it, so can anyone confirm for me that maybe the texture of the Amber Lights is creamy/satin-y?

I'm just happy neither were limited edition like my beloved B-Rich! I probably would've shed a tear.

gildedangel

Keep trying to rub it off, but you may need to go buy a new one.
ssad.gif

LMD84

maybe you could have a look in the clearence bin here? you may be able to pick up anothner cheap if rubbing yours does not help

JGunnar

I rubbed the heck out of it with a tissue and it still feels "creamy" but the pigment is back to showing up well.

I guess that's all that matters!

Chrystia

Amber Lights is a veluxe pearl which means it is jet milled, as a result it is going to be much finer granules so that it why it seems so much more creamy and softer than Beautymarked which is a velvet.

gigglegirl

you are brave to use the candle method! I'm too much of a klutz.

I love the hair straightener method, pretty easy and I just put paper towels folded down so that when I pull it away from the plastic the pan would just fall onto something soft.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystia
Amber Lights is a veluxe pearl which means it is jet milled, as a result it is going to be much finer granules so that it why it seems so much more creamy and softer than Beautymarked which is a velvet.

amber lights isn't a VP, its a frost. but yes, its supposed to be very soft and creamy-like.

JGunnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
you are brave to use the candle method! I'm too much of a klutz.

I love the hair straightener method, pretty easy and I just put paper towels folded down so that when I pull it away from the plastic the pan would just fall onto something soft.

It was very hazardous LOL and I'm not sure I'll do it again. I was doing it along with instruction videos from online and most people seemed to go the candle route so thats the route I went as well.

I only ended up with 3 fires and 2 eyeshadows dropped in the wick.
lol.gif

I guess that's not so bad for doing it my first time with about 30 shadows lol.