Destin, FL CCO (Silver Sands Factory Stores)

euphrosyne_rose

I was there this past weekend as well (evacuated for Gustav) and I was really disappointed with the selection. The lip selection was good, but as for everything else, it just sucked.

Corn s/s
Iris Eyes and New Weed f/l (it said Non Conformist but they didn't have it)
All e/s were matte and there were about 10
no pigments, no p/p and no paints
Very few powders
They did have a few of the gift sets from the Antiquitease line, but not a huge selection

I did find a lipglass pencil that I LOVE called Coral Craze and I wish I had bought more than one b/c it is now my favorite.

I bought Vibrational l/g, Corps de Ballet l/g and Power Supply along with the Coral Craze, a set of travel brushes and Iris Eyes for a friend. I went back a few days later and no additions to what had already been there. Bummer!
th_dunno.gif

lsperry

Matte 2 shadows
Tete-A-Ttint
Graphology
Poison Pen
Post Haste
Clarity
Blanc Type
Brown Script
Copperplate

Velvet Moss
Evening Aura (Neo Sci Fi)
Stars N Rocket
Clair De Lune
Various Other shadows

Hullabaloo Highlight Powder
Deep Dark MSF Natural
Beauty Powder Blushes
Serenity
Secret
Joyous
Feeling
Sweetness

Trip Palette
Eyes
Eyes and Lips

Novel Twist
Warm and Cool Palettes

Colour Forms
Brushes – Don’t remember the set
Cool Palette

Pigment
Bell Bottom Blue

Antiquitease Brush Sets
Face
Eye
Basic

Antiquitease
Metallic Eye Palette

Same lipglasses and lipsticks (Stylistics lg and ls.)
Shadesticks
Corn
Deep purple one – no writing on it

All of the Sculpt and Shape Powders
Studio Mist Foundations - Dark and Deep Dark
3 glimmer shimmers
Various lip pencils
Zoom Lash Mascara
Various LLL
Skin care in the old packaging.

Fafi Iridescent Pressed Powder
Belightful
Sassed-Up

Brushes

Various Paints – About 8
Bare Canvas
Untitled
Flammable
Etc.

No quads, MSF, MES

I noticed MAC is on the only brand where they have removed the eye shadows from the box and you have to take the empty box to the counter where they will insert the shadow inside it. I asked why they did this and the SA just wrinkled her nose and shook her head. So are people stealing the shadows? Anyone else observe this in their CCO?

Also, they just got a shipment in and had the box with the Colour Forms cool palette sitting on the counter, ready to unpack – I got one. I asked them if they had more MAC to unpack in the back and she said yes, but that I couldn’t see anything until they unpacked and displayed everything.

I bought two Bobbi Brown es, Evening Aura es, 213 and 228 brushes and the Colour Forms Cool palette. I’ll be going back Friday, 11/14/08, to return a LLL and will update again.

MAChostage

Just updating: I visited this CCO yesterday (11/29/08) and the majority of what lsperry saw upon her visit is still there. No piggies though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
Matte 2 shadows
Tete-A-Ttint
Graphology
Poison Pen
Post Haste
Clarity
Blanc Type
Brown Script
Copperplate

Velvet Moss
Evening Aura (Neo Sci Fi)
Stars N Rocket
Clair De Lune
Various Other shadows

Hullabaloo Highlight Powder
Deep Dark MSF Natural
Beauty Powder Blushes
Serenity
Secret
Joyous
Feeling
Sweetness

Trip Palette
Eyes
Eyes and Lips

Novel Twist
Warm and Cool Palettes

Colour Forms
Brushes – Don’t remember the set
Cool Palette

Pigment
Bell Bottom Blue

Antiquitease Brush Sets
Face
Eye
Basic

Antiquitease
Metallic Eye Palette

Same lipglasses and lipsticks (Stylistics lg and ls.)
Shadesticks
Corn
Deep purple one – no writing on it

All of the Sculpt and Shape Powders
Studio Mist Foundations - Dark and Deep Dark
3 glimmer shimmers
Various lip pencils
Zoom Lash Mascara
Various LLL
Skin care in the old packaging.

Fafi Iridescent Pressed Powder
Belightful
Sassed-Up

Brushes

Various Paints – About 8
Bare Canvas
Untitled
Flammable
Etc.

No quads, MSF, MES

I noticed MAC is on the only brand where they have removed the eye shadows from the box and you have to take the empty box to the counter where they will insert the shadow inside it. I asked why they did this and the SA just wrinkled her nose and shook her head. So are people stealing the shadows? Anyone else observe this in their CCO?

Also, they just got a shipment in and had the box with the Colour Forms cool palette sitting on the counter, ready to unpack – I got one. I asked them if they had more MAC to unpack in the back and she said yes, but that I couldn’t see anything until they unpacked and displayed everything.

I bought two Bobbi Brown es, Evening Aura es, 213 and 228 brushes and the Colour Forms Cool palette. I’ll be going back Friday, 11/14/08, to return a LLL and will update again.

MAChostage

Latest visit: Saturday, December 14, 2008:

Not much is different from my previous visit, above, with the exception of Paint Pot availability. They had virtually every color (Delft and Nice Vice were the missing notables).

shwetaqua

I'll be going this weekend, I'll keep everyone posted. The lady did say that 1 week before Christmas is when they get their biggest shipment. Hopefully its all MAC goodies...
smiles.gif

MAChostage

Really? Thanks so much for this info, think I'll check it out this weekend as well! (Don't worry, shwetaqua, I'll leave you something!
winkiss.gif
)

ranifaye

Any ladies been to the Destin CCO since the holidays? What do they have left of their big shipment for Christmas?

Ever since coming back from Orlando and doing some hauling at both their CCOs (Heaven, I tell you! Orlando's so lucky to have 2 CCOs w/in a 50-mile radius! haha), I'm looking to make a trip there & hope that they've got some amazing goodies!
th_DANCE.gif

MAChostage

I didn't see much of anything different than I saw on my previous visit. I did finally pick up Tete-A-Tint, though! I plan to make another run by this weekend, so I'll report back then. Don't you just love the Orlando CCOs? They're wonderful!

ranifaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
I didn't see much of anything different than I saw on my previous visit. I did finally pick up Tete-A-Tint, though! I plan to make another run by this weekend, so I'll report back then. Don't you just love the Orlando CCOs? They're wonderful!

OMG, YES! They carry such a great supply of MAC at both CCOs in Orlando. I have to make a trip to at least one of them when I go down there to visit my parents. My holiday haul is full of lippies from those CCOs. Hehe.

It's such a shame to live so far from the nearest CCO now though. Boo! I'm actually hoping to coax the hubby into driving out to the Destin CCO this weekend as well in hopes of finding something to satisfy what seems to be a neverending craving for MAC!
winkiss.gif

ranifaye

I made the trip to the Destin CCO today, & I'm sad to post that they didn't have anything new from the list that Isperry made back in November... BOO!
thmbdn.gif
I saw the Colour Forms products that she posted about, but it seemed like that was the only collection that came in with that shipment. It's like they haven't gotten anything since!

I do also find it odd that the Destin CCO is the first CCO I've been to that doesn't have their products in the packaging, be it shadows, powders, or blushes. So weird!

I definitely wasn't impressed by the MAC selection at Destin, especially when I've been spoiled by the Orlando ones... but I did end up grabbing Spring Bean Lustreglass, Freckletone Lipstick, Lightsweep/Shadester Sculpt & Shape & Perky Paintpot.

MAChostage

Yeah, overall the Destin CCO pretty much sucks where MAC is concerned (but that's the only thing I look at in there). I've also never seen one that has the empty boxes sitting on the shelves like you said. I really enjoy the Orlando CCO's, all except for driving to them once I'm down there. I hate driving in Orlando! I wish we could come up with a compilation of CCO's from all over that are known to be "good" ones. Could help greatly when travelling!

ranifaye

Quote:
Yeah, overall the Destin CCO pretty much sucks where MAC is concerned (but that's the only thing I look at in there). I've also never seen one that has the empty boxes sitting on the shelves like you said. I really enjoy the Orlando CCO's, all except for driving to them once I'm down there. I hate driving in Orlando! I wish we could come up with a compilation of CCO's from all over that are known to be "good" ones. Could help greatly when travelling!

I agree on the compilation of CCO's and the hate for driving in Orlando! The traffic is absolutely horrendous! You should've seen it during the holidays - it was pure insanity... I sat in traffic for nearly an hour and a half just to get to the outlets... it normally only takes 20min from my parents house! Talk about frustrating!
angry.gif

MAChostage

UPDATE, 1/31/09:

Get thee to the Destin CCO ASAP! Today I saw the largest MAC selection there that I have ever seen! Here's a little rundown (as best as my mind can recall):

- Pretty much all of the Neo/Sci-Fi collection (shadows, blushes and lippies). There were a
ton of X-Rocks and Spaced Out blushes.

- Lots of stuff from Moonbathe (shadows and lippies).

- Overall, the largest selection of eyeshadows I've seen at *any* CCO I've been to, including the Orlando CCOs. They had the Mattes, Matte2's, Starflash (not Smoke and Diamonds, though), shadows from the Cool Heat collection, along with perm shadows. There were probably -- and this is a guesstimate -- *at least 50* different eyeshadows there this time.

- Lots of lipsticks, glosses, Mattenes, Slimshines and lip varnishes, from across various collections.

- Lots of Fluidlines.

- Various MAC (and other brand) brushes (I'd never noticed brushes in a CCO before).

- Paintpots (Rollickin', Girl Friendly, Perky, Mosscape, Painterly, Soft Ochre).

There were also plenty of older eye palletts from holiday collections, and the usual lineup of foundations, brow stuff, nail polishes and lip pencils. There were no piggies, unfortunately.

For the first time ever, I was VERY impressed with my visit to this CCO!

staciab82

Thank you for the update!

I definitely hit the CCO in Sandestin yesterday on my lunch break (I only work 5 minutes away at Destin Commons) and was very pleased. Picked up some of my favorites from the Neo/Sci-Fi collection (shadows, blushes, lipglass), a Fafi Belightful irredescent powder (they've got quite a few left), and even got a Sharkskin shadestick! I am thinking I might go back today... I don't think I got enough eyeshadows!

They did have a lot of the antique brush sets, and even individual brushes, which they keep in a basket by the cashwrap. I think I might check those out today too. The only thing I didn't see was the soft ochre paint pot, but I am going to keep trying.

Since I am only 5 minutes away I guess I'll stop here and update every time I go so that you all that are traveling a bit farther will know what they are working with...

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciab82
Since I am only 5 minutes away I guess I'll stop here and update every time I go so that you all that are traveling a bit farther will know what they are working with...

Yes, please, and thanks!
thmbup.gif

ranifaye

Has anyone been to the Destin CCO recently? Have they gotten any new shipments? I want to drive out there tomorrow when I get out of work
smiles.gif

ranifaye

Quote:
^^Did you go? I was thinking about checking it out tomorrow.

I never got to go last Friday.
ssad.gif

I definitely want to make the drive this Friday though. Did you get to go check it out?

Does anyone know what's out at Destin's CCO now?