Did anyone purchase any Paint Pots??

twobear

Nordies was a mad house today with all of the recent collection releases. I purchased Artifact and Delft paint pots since the remaining pots are supposed to be perm. Just wondering if anyone had a chance to try them out yet. If so, how was the staying power?? I swatched them with the Mineralize eye shadows on top which really made the colors pop.

juicyaddict

I think all of the paint pots will be perm. Anyway, I got Artifact and Indianwood today. I think delft is pretty too, I may get it next. I haven't played with them yet.

breathless

i haven't got around to playing with them. but, once they're up on the mac site, i'll try to get every single one.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobear
Nordies was a mad house today with all of the recent collection releases. I purchased Artifact and Delft paint pots since the remaining pots are supposed to be perm. Just wondering if anyone had a chance to try them out yet. If so, how was the staying power?? I swatched them with the Mineralize eye shadows on top which really made the colors pop.

I ordered stringalong, delft and artifact from Nordstrom. They've been shipped, but I haven't received it yet.

I'm looking forward to using them with the mes. I think they will make the colors pop even more. I've only had my mes for 3 days and have been using ccbs with them; but I'm really excited about trying them with the paint pots.
eyelove.gif

Looking forward to seeing other uses in everyone's fotds.

scarletmaeve

I preordered Artifact but havent played with it yet. I'm hoping that it can be used as a liner- like the Deliniate FL.

MACGIRL68

Hi yesterday I used Indianwood with udpp as a base, had excellent staying power and was really beautiful. Today I will try Artifact without udpp just out of curosity.

hunnybun

i was playing around with one of the MA's at nordies and she showed me a bunch of different paintpot combos with the new rushmetal pigs. the results were really gorgeous and dramatic. my fav was indianwood as a base with gold mode pigment over it -- BEAUTIFUL! lovely opaque solid gold finish with an outrageous amount of metallic shimmer.

erine1881

stringalong and stray grey are limited, the rest are perm and are launching with other colors on aug. 2nd at all locations.

they are not waterproof, however, they barely budged with soap and water.

VioletB

I bought Delft and used it yesterday with Ether for a smokey look... Gorgeous. The texture of the paint pots is smoother than actual paints and I have had some problems with paints flaking if I get them to thick. This did not and I wore it pretty thick with Ether on top. SOOOOOO pretty

Krasevayadancer

I got delft and stray grey. Used delft today and i must say- its a pretty great base. Applied well, though I think I need to find a better application brush. Using my finger is tough because then i need to use makeup remover to get it off! Otherwise, this is def a great product!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I got delft and stray grey. Used delft today and i must say- its a pretty great base. Applied well, though I think I need to find a better application brush. Using my finger is tough because then i need to use makeup remover to get it off! Otherwise, this is def a great product!

IYO, can these be used as a liner?

Krasevayadancer

AudreyNicole, truth be told i didn't try it as a liner but I do think it would work. To me when I put it on it was almost exactly like putting fluidline on as a base. I will try it and let you know for sure, but I think it will work.

MAC_Whore

I only picked up Stray Gray with my Novel Twist haul. After trying the Paint Pot product, I will definitely pick up the rest when Painterly launches.

I love Stray Gray! Can't wait to get the rest!
smiles.gif

glittergoddess27

Yeah I played with these while at my freestanding store (not out for purchase yet, but a nice MA let me just see what the texture will be) they had really good staying power for not being waterproof,.. I washed my hands a million times and took a shower before I went to bed and they were still on there the next morning so I finally had to use a wipe for them. Rubenesque is absolutely beautiful. I will be getting quite a few of them on the 2nd and am very glad they are perm.

merleskaya

I bought Indianwood and like it on its own for an easy bronzy look. I put a little Woodwinked in the outer crease today and it's wearing very well. I'll try it as a liner...I think it'd be pretty!

A few observations: These feel creamy in the pot and have a nice smooth finish. The mouth of the pot is wider than I expected (wider than a Fluidline), which I like. The MA at the Nordstrom I visited said these new Fluidlines do not replace the old tube ones.

I plan to go back for Stray Gray...that'll make a beautiful base for the purple looks I like. It's definitely a cool (as opposed to a warm) color.

merleskaya

MACa6325xi

For some reason all of the Nordstroms that I went to (I went to 3) did not receive Artifact. I asked about it specifically. I ended up only buying Delft, which is beautiful.

twobear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
AudreyNicole, truth be told i didn't try it as a liner but I do think it would work. To me when I put it on it was almost exactly like putting fluidline on as a base. I will try it and let you know for sure, but I think it will work.

I have to agree here! Here's the scary thing, I swatched Delft beside the new teal HIP cream liners in the pot (very similar looking to paint pots) and the HIP actually stayed on longer than MAC. I think the HIP cream pot liners are a little too stiff and flat to use a a base but with Ether over top you really can't tell the difference.