Did I overline my lips too much?

325i

Inspired by the kick ass tutorial that Miss_Pumpkin (I think that's her username!) did a while back for fuller lips, I just had to try it. I only lined my lips and didn't powder them or anything, but they look scary. I look like I got injected with collagen or something. Did I do it wrong? Maybe the liner I used is too deeply pigmented for my naturally light rose colored lips? Don't pay attention to the ugly face and bad hair day I'm having, I don't plan on leaving the house anytime soon, LOL.

linedlips2.jpg

linedlips.jpg

Janice

I think it worked well, didn't it?
greengrin.gif
It can really be hard to adjust to seeing yourself differently, which may be why you think it looks 'off'. The bottom picture looks great, did you use a flash in the first pic?

325i

Janice: Flash...hmm, I can't remember. I want to say that I probably did because the flash made me look paler than normal, LOL. I think you may be right about how it looks "off" to me, maybe it's just that I'm not used to seeing myself like that. I would like to try a lighter lip liner color next time though, something that isn't so rough on my lips like the straight up pencil I used. I want to try a twist-up form, like an eyeliner, like a self-sharpening kind.

Hikaru-chan

I like the way it turned out.
I agree with Janice It's very strange to see yourself different than usual.

amandamakeup

You do have it right for sure! It just might be a little bigger than what it should be. Dont get me wrong....You did an awesome job making them bigger. Its a perfect job. I would do the same thing.. maybe just a little smaller.

user3

Do you have a before pic?

I have a few comments but I'd like to see a before pic first.

d_flawless

maybe a little too much on the top part. if you overlined it at all though, it just means you went outside where your natural lip ends, which from the lighting, it kinda looks like. it doesn't look BAD though, don't get me wrong...